Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) is an International Humanitarian Organization and a member of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. QRCS started its representation in Gaza on January 2008 in order to address emergency and humanitarian needs in Gaza Strip.
Position Description Summary
Under the overall supervision of the QRCS Gaza Office Director, the Operations Manager (OM) will be responsible to supervise all financial, administrative and logistical operations. The OM will be vested also, with the overall management of office, program support, and human resource operations. These operations should be implemented according to well-defined quality standards, adhering to QRCS operations policies and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Federation policies and technical guidelines. The OM is responsible for ensuring coordination and integration among the different units at QRCS Gaza office and liaise with the Gaza office Director as needed.
The OM provides the following primary services within a team process, but will contribute to other services as appropriate:
Financial Planning and Management
- Office Fiscal elements
- Grants Fiscal Elements
- Office Administration,
- Human Resource Management,
- Logistical Operations,
- Procurement Services, and
Financial Planning and Management
- Responsible for incorporating and adhering to QRCS policies and regulations in all aspects of QRCS operations and grant administration.
- Supervise and ensure that all financial plans, budgets, and reports are prepared in a timely and highly accurate manner.
- Responsible for final approval (prior to submission to the Gaza Office Director) on all project payments, financial reports, cash replenishments, fund transfers, and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure the adequate availability of operating and grant administration funds at all times and at least monthly reconciliation of petty cash, bank accounts and overall accounting to QRCS HQ.
- Serve as primary liaison with local banks and QRCS HQ.
- In coordination with local partners and consultants, prepare financial projections, operating budgets, and timely fiscal reporting to enhance planning and management by QRCS mission in Gaza.
- Represent QRCS in appropriate external financial matters such as VAT, customs, subcontract administration, vendor procurements, and other duties.
- Primary responsibility for preparing and coordinating required QRCS audits and special reporting.
Office Fiscal elements:
- Responsible to implement QRCS financial policies and regulations
- Supervise the preparation of monthly financial Reports
- Supervise the safe guarding of data, financial records, petty cash, and banking materials.
- Supervise and monitor the petty cash the preparation of petty cash reports for QRCS Gaza office.
- Keeping track for bank accounts balances and inform the Gaza Office Director of Fund balance day by day.
- Supervise and monitoring of the payments in order to avoid double payments, Monitoring comparison and budgeting purposes.
- Ensure all the supportive documents and approvals are attached to the payments before getting the Gaza Office Director approvals
- Assist the Gaza Office Director in preparing for the Staff training
- Inform the Gaza Office Director of all routine financial issues
- Coordinate with local partners regarding QRCS shared accountants and other Financial issues
- Ensure the preparation of appropriate VAT reports in timely manner.
Grant Fiscal Elements
- Responsible to ensure that all financial elements of grant activities planned and implemented meet the highest standards of cost allowability, reasonability of cost, appropriate local contributions, and effective integration between grant programmatic objectives and financial accountability.
- As necessary, prepare analysis for the Gaza Office Director detailing all clarifications and modifications necessary for grant budgets and plans.
- Supervise and monitor the processing of the Request for payments (procurement tables, items allowability, prices, contract duration, amount requested according to the signed agreement, invoice validity)
- Assist the Gaza Office Director in spot checks to the local partners.
- Monitor the payments for the local partners, and the vendors.
- Review the procurement tables for the Grantees and prepare it upon request from the Gaza Office Director
- Assist the Gaza Office Director in reviewing the project financial plans when necessary
- Assist the Gaza Office Director in illustrating QRCS financial and procurements requirements when necessary
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the QRC Gaza office.
- Develop and maintain program support operations plan and corresponding budgets in consultation with the Gaza Office Director to ensure effective office and field support.
- Supervise administrative assistants, information technology staff, office helpers and other personnel as assigned by the Gaza Office Director.
- Maintain effective office information management systems including files, hardware, software, and technical support.
- Overall responsibility to develop, maintain and report on property inventory and management.
- Serve as primary liaison with office and leased residences landlords and management of the lease agreements and maintenance needs.
- Facilitate special events, staff meetings and workshops as requested.
Human Resources Management
- Maintain effective personnel management records and files.
- Draft Request for Approvals for new hires, consultants and staffing adjustment as directed by the Gaza Office Director.
- Supervise and ensure the maintenance of work, leave, sick records and database and prepare reports as directed by the Gaza Office Director.
- Maintain and coordinate staff evaluation schedules with appropriate supervisors.
- In consultation with the Gaza Office Director develop and maintain office policy and procedural manuals for all staff.
- Prepare, implement and evaluate the compensation, benefit and allowance system.
- Coordinate the hiring process from preparing the job advertisements to final selection and contracting new staff.
- Participate in interviews and maintain the resumes, scoring sheets and results.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and assignment of vehicles and drivers ensuring rigorous compliance with QRCS policies and procedures.
- Monitor and supervise coordination of support logistics of international consultants and staff as well as the internal travel of QRCS staff.
- Monitor and supervise coordination of the assignment of vehicles and drivers based on overall program operational needs and priorities.
- Ensure vehicles are properly licensed, registered, serviced, insured, and usage logs maintained.
- Review vehicle logs and ensure regulatory compliance and billing of official and authorized personal usage.
Procurement Services for Program Support
- Overall supervision of the QRCS procurement systems for program operations ensuring robust quality control and due diligence in full compliance with QRCS policies, procedures and regulations.
- Supervise maintaining effective procurement documentation and records in compliance with QRCS policies and procedures.
- Supervise the coordination with the Gaza Office Staff and Gaza Office Director on addressing procurement issues pertaining to VAT processing and reporting.
- Develop, in coordination with the GOD, procurement guidelines and provide procurement training to all QRCS staff as appropriate.
- Review local partners’ procurement policies and procedures and assure adherence to QRCS polices.
- Supervise the Day-to-day management of procurement processes from the concept paper level to close-out, tracking procurement budgets, and ensuring robust quality control and compliance with signed agreements.
- Supervise and monitor preparing solicitation and tender documents for all QRC projects (e.g. subcontracts, direct procurement activities, etc.).
- Supervise the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of contracts including procurement of works, procurement of goods and services.
- Assist in selection of appropriate suppliers, contractors and service providers, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
- Supervise developing and negotiating contracts with contracting companies, suppliers and service providers to achieve appropriate savings and service levels through projects/programs’ implementation.
- Develop and review all QRC infield procurement contracts.
- Supervise and monitor contract compliance, change orders, and problem resolution in conformance with contract law, consult with legal counselor as required, and ensure that all legal contract requirements are met under the overall direction of the Gaza Office Director.
- Attend project review meetings and ensures that all associated reports are adequately compiled and distributed as required.
- Serve as an operational and technical resource to other procurement staff in the communication and resolution of purchasing systems issues; negotiate successful resolution to problems or concerns; educate them about processes and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a central register of all contracts, develop appropriate data bases for key suppliers and main contractors.
- Ensure that all procurement elements of grant activities planned and implemented meet the highest standards of cost allowability, reasonability of cost, procurement integrity, and effective integration between grant programmatic objectives and procurement support.
- As necessary, prepare analysis for the GOD detailing all clarifications and modifications necessary for projects' procurement needs and issues.
- Updating the Projects/programs procurement plans periodically ensuring that Project entities are ready and timely due compliance requirements are available.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the GOD Director.
The Operation Manager will be supervised directly by the Gaza Office Director. However, many of the assigned responsibilities require close coordination with other team members.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Finance/ Accounting or any related field of specialization.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with appropriate Finance/ Accounting software expertise.
- Advanced computer skills
- Fluency in both English and Arabic is essential.
- Able to work in a team
- Time Management
- Outstanding Communication skills
- Solid reporting Skills
Interested applicants should send their resume with a cover letter to the following email address; [email protected] not later than 24/09/2018 at 2 PM.