NETWORKING OFFICER (ONLY FOR NATIONAL)
Terms of Reference for the position:
About ATS- Associazione pro Terra Sancta
ATS is a non-profit organization that carries out projects to preserve the Holy Places, support local communities and bring aid in humanitarian emergencies.
ATS is present in the Middle East, wherever the Franciscan friars of the Custody of the Holy Land are.
Participating to the work of the Association pro Terra Sancta means to love the Holy Land in places and people. It means living a lasting bond with the Holy Places and the ancient Christian communities, getting involved with all its religious, cultural and social aspects.
About the TERRA SANCTA MUSEUM
The Terra Sancta Museum (TSM) is located in the heart of the old city of Jerusalem and exhibits Christianity’s archaeological and artistic heritage, which has been carefully preserved for 800 years by the Franciscans. In 2016, ATS- in close cooperation with the Custody of the Holy Land- has promoted the opening of the TSM (Terra Sancta Museum) intending to foster mutual understanding, respect and peace values among people and to create an international platform for acceptance and tolerance. This is the first of its kind Museum promoting Jerusalem as an inclusive and open City for everybody: it covers 4000 years of history with a unique approach. TSM is a high profile international museum that has been employing outstanding skills from a number of renowned museums across the world but still deeply rooted in the Palestinian local community.
The project “A Community Living Museum for Palestinian Youth” (ENI/2019/407-798) is aimed at offering a comprehensive learning and educational program for children, families, youth, and students, promoting the potential of the museum as a friendly learning space. In order to achieve these goals, a network of public schools, CBOs and museums of East Jerusalem will be established and engaged in raising awareness on the museum’s activities and its potential for the socio-economic growth of the community. Finally, in order to create a qualified team of the TSM, on the job training for local young professionals will be provided both at local museums and abroad.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applications from everyone – diversity, inclusion and the feeling of belonging matters to us. By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of diverse backgrounds we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things. We offer a stimulating and professional environment in which to work. This is a remarkable place we look for staff who can work according to our values – we champion diversity, encourage creativity, we are connected, and we value evidence.
The Networking Officer is responsible for implementing all the necessary actions for the creation of 3 main networks in East Jerusalem: CBOs, schools, and museums through a precise strategic planning and outreach activities to be approved by the PM and in close coordination with the Marketing and Communication Expert and the Senior Expert in Museum Educational Programs.
- to involve the networks of schools in East Jerusalem in the project and work with the Marketing and Communication Expert to prepare and disseminate information material on the TSM educational activities/learning programs for students;
- to establish a network of Museum of East Jerusalem to be incorporated in the tour visits/ educational activities program for Palestinian Jerusalemites children, youth and families in order to improve coordination among museums in the old city;
- to establish a network of CBOs of East Jerusalem to be engaged in the promotion of the TSM educational activities program for Palestinian Jerusalemites children, youth and families;
- to organize a monthly plan of visits to schools, CBOs and museums in close coordination with the PM;
- to be responsible for the day to day running of the networks and responsible for the effective administration of the networking operations in close coordination with the PM, the Marketing and Communication Expert and the Senior Expert in Museum Educational Programs;
- to be responsible for the overall leadership and coordination of the Network in a manner that supports and guides the project’s objectives as defined by the project document;
- to oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that operations of the networking are functional.
- contribute to the production of the annual implementation reports in accordance with donor requirements;
- support the PM in filling in indicators at Program level;
- contribute to the collection and analysis of information provided by ongoing networks; surveys
- support the PM in drafting activities report, database creation and update and disaggregated data collection;
- support the PM in the organization of events for the local community.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A relevant Degree or preferably a Master’s, in areas such as Development Studies, Gender, Political/Social Sciences, Governance or Management.
- A combination of related qualifications and management experience would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in organizational leadership and working with development partners in Palestine, preferably East Jerusalem.
- Strong operational management experience with proven team-building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills with significant experience in developing and building networks.
- Proven ability to work within a Network Organisational setup experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of Network members and other local organizations as well as partners, government, beneficiaries, staff, opinion leaders and development partners.
- Gender sensitivity: being aware and have insight into gender issues, paying particular attention to formulate and implement measures that assist in dealing with gender-based discrimination as well as the ability to mainstream gender.
- Advocacy skills: Effective representation of the public and private face of the Network and proficiency in the effective promotion of its goals and values.
Languages: full command of Arabic and English (mandatory) other languages, especially Italian and French are an asset.
Driving license valid in Israel is preferred
Candidates should be able to reside in Jerusalem and/or to commute freely and on daily basis from their residence to East Jerusalem.
Closing date: 09:00 on Friday 13th March 2020
Interviews will be held: from 24th to 31st March 2020
Due to time constraints, ATS reserves the right to start the selection process (including offering the position in case a suitable candidate is found) before the post’s closing date.
We thank all applicants in advance but regret that only those selected for an interview will