MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS EXPERT (ONLY FOR NATIONAL)
Terms of Reference for the position:
About ATS- Associazione pro Terra Sancta
ATS is a non-profit organization that carries out projects to preserve the Holy Places, support local communities and bring aid in humanitarian emergencies.
ATS is present in the Middle East, wherever the Franciscan friars of the Custody of the Holy Land are.
Participating in the work of the Association pro Terra Sancta means to love the Holy Land in places and people. It means living a lasting bond with the Holy Places and the ancient Christian communities, getting involved with all its religious, cultural and social aspects.
About the TERRA SANCTA MUSEUM
The Terra Sancta Museum (TSM) is located in the heart of the old city of Jerusalem and exhibits Christianity’s archaeological and artistic heritage, which has been carefully preserved for 800 years by the Franciscans. In 2016, ATS- in close cooperation with the Custody of the Holy Land- has promoted the opening of the TSM (Terra Sancta Museum) intending to foster mutual understanding, respect and peace values among people and to create an international platform for acceptance and tolerance. This is the first of its kind Museum promoting Jerusalem as an inclusive and open City for everybody: it covers 4000 years of history with a unique approach. TSM is a high profile international museum that has been employing outstanding skills from a number of renowned museums across the world but still deeply rooted in the Palestinian local community.
The project “A Community Living Museum for Palestinian Youth” (ENI/2019/407-798) is aimed at offering a comprehensive learning and educational program for children, families, youth, and students, promoting the potential of the museum as a friendly learning space. In order to achieve these goals, a network of public schools, CBOs and museums of East Jerusalem will be established and engaged in raising awareness on the museum’s activities and its potential for the socio-economic growth of the community. Finally, in order to create a qualified team of the TSM, on the job training for local young professionals will be provided both at local museums and abroad.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applications from everyone – diversity, inclusion and the feeling of belonging
matters to us. By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of diverse backgrounds we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things. We offer a stimulating and professional environment in which to work. This is a remarkable place we look for staff who can work according to our values – we champion diversity, encourage creativity, we are connected, and we value evidence.
The M&C Expert is recruited in the framework of the EU/ENI funded project “A Community Living Museum for Palestinian Youth”.
Your goal is to increase the visibility of the museum and its activities, especially among the local community.
You will be in charge of developing marketing and communications strategies for the Terra Sancta Museum, you will manage the online and offline communication of the museum, with the collaboration of junior officers, and reporting to the Project Manager. You will work to consistently articulate TSM’s mission, promote its programs, and strengthen its brand identity across key stakeholder audiences.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the marketing and communications strategies for the Museum;
- Communicate success and strategy to key stakeholders;
- Position the Museum effectively in the community and with key constituencies;
- Raise the Museum’s profile locally and nationally;
- Assist in managing media relationships including writing and distributing press releases, media alerts, and ensuring that accurate listings of information are widely disseminated
- Tour media and other guests as enthusiastic, knowledgeable representative of the Museum
- Work together with the project team in order to create effective internal and external communications.
- Writes and develops dynamic print and web content for public consumption, including the museum’s website, social media, newsletters, and fundraising materials such as grant and donor reports, and fundraising mailings.
- Monitors the museum’s social media and fundraising channels, online presence, and reputation, including via museum-owned social media and profiles on third-party websites.
- Manages social media content calendar in collaboration with the content team to plan for paid/organic efforts.
- Collect and organize program marketing assets (images, videos, text, resource links, etc.) from internal and external sources, gather and document appropriate rights/approvals.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual and other regular reporting on digital communications and marketing metrics for external stakeholders
- Undertake other relevant matters assigned by the Project Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and skills:
- At least three years of communications experience, ideally in areas including social media, media relations, and copywriting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop positive professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Energy and enthusiasm for expressing the value of diverse cultures, fostering empathy, and improving organizations in the areas of access and representation
- Demonstrated experience setting strategic goals for communications, prioritizing tasks to support these goals, and implementing and evaluating outcomes.
Knowledge and Education:
- University degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a similar field;
- Sensitive to the local cultures and faiths, with deep knowledge of the Christian communities (mandatory);
- Full command of Microsoft Office Suite and solid computer skills required, thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset;
- Perfect Command of the English and Arabic languages. Knowledge of Italian and/or French is an asset.
- A driving license valid in Israel is preferred
Candidates should be able to reside in Jerusalem and/or to commute freely and on a daily basis from their residence to East Jerusalem. In case of foreign candidates, holding a passport that gives easy access to Palestine is imperative.
Closing date: 09:00 on Friday 13th March 2020
Interviews will be held: from 24th to 31st March 2020
Due to time constraints, ATS reserves the right to start the selection process (including offering the position in case a suitable candidate is found) before the post’s closing date.
We thank all applicants in advance but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.