Terms of Reference for the position:
Title: Educational Programs Assistant – part-time (20 hours per week, Monday to Thursday)
Contract: fixed-term contract for 9 months - 1 month probation period
Reporting to: Head of Education
Duty station: Jerusalem – Old City
ATS is a non-profit organization that carries out projects to preserve the Holy Places, support local communities, and bring aid in humanitarian emergencies. ATS is present in the Middle East, wherever the Franciscan friars of the Custody of the Holy Land are.
About Association pro Terra Sancta
Participating in the work of the Association pro Terra Sancta means loving the Holy Land in places and people. It means living a lasting bond with the Holy Places and the ancient Christian communities, and getting involved with all its religious, cultural, and social aspects.
About the TERRA SANCTA MUSEUM
The Terra Sancta Museum (TSM) is located in the heart of the old city of Jerusalem and exhibits Christianity’s archaeological and artistic heritage, which has been carefully preserved for 800 years by the Franciscans. In 2016, ATS- in close cooperation with the Custody of the Holy Land- promoted the opening of the TSM (Terra Sancta Museum) intending to foster mutual understanding, respect and peace values among people and to create an international platform for acceptance and tolerance. This is the first of its kind Museum promoting Jerusalem as an inclusive and open City for everybody: it covers 4000 years of history with a unique approach. TSM is a high-profile international museum that has been employing outstanding skills from a number of renowned museums across the world but is still deeply rooted in the Palestinian local community.
The project “A Community Living Museum for Palestinian Youth” (ENI/2019/407-798) is aimed at offering a comprehensive learning and educational program for children, families, youth, and students, promoting the potential of the museum as a friendly learning space. To achieve these goals a network of public schools, CBOs, and museums of East Jerusalem is currently being established and engaged in raising awareness of the museum’s activities and its potential for the socio-economic growth of the community.
Diversity and Inclusion We welcome applications from everyone – diversity, inclusion, and the feeling of belonging matter to us. By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of diverse backgrounds we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things. We offer a stimulating and professional environment in which to work. This is a remarkable place we look for staff who can work according to our values – we champion diversity, encourage creativity, we are connected, and we value evidence.
The Educational Programs Assistant is recruited in the framework of the EU/ENI funded project “A Community Living Museum for Palestinian Youth”.
Your goal is to contribute to inspiring and engaging people with the history, identity, and culture conveyed by the museum's collections.
You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Education in the implementation of learning activities with children and adults, both at the museum and off-site.
You will contribute to mediating the collections of the museum and its narrative to young people and adults so that they can freely and creatively explore their history and cultural identity.
- Assist with designing and implementing learning activities geared toward different audiences;
- Perform administrative and logistic tasks that are related to the implementation of the educational programs, which include setting up the implementation space of activities, purchasing materials, printing relevant educational resources, etc.;
- Contribute to promoting educational programs online and offline;
- Conduct guided tours tailored for local schools, families, young people, and adults;
- Contribute to the evaluation process of the educational activities by collecting feedback from the programs’ beneficiaries;
- Contribute to documenting the activities in photo and video;
- Contribute to supervising the educational programs’ volunteers;
- Collaborate and communicate with staff across the TSM, especially the ones directly involved in the project;
- Undertake other relevant matters assigned by the Head of Education.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Person Specification Experience and skills:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in the educational sector in Palestine;
- Proven ability to deliver programs and other outputs successfully and in collaboration with others such as museums, schools, and community-based centers;
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering learning programs for a variety of audiences, including family and teen groups;
- Evidence of well-developed collaborative skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to facilitate activities within a museum setting;
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and professionally with different constituencies, verbally and in writing;
- Sensitive to the local cultures and faiths.
Knowledge and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, visual arts, or other related fields;
- Full command of Microsoft Office Suite and solid computer skills required;
- Strong command of Arabic language and good English language reading and writing skills.
An updated CV and a cover letter should be sent to [email protected] - subject: TSM/ENI/EPA
Closing date: 11:59 PM on Saturday 27th of October 2022
Candidates should be able to reside in Jerusalem and/or to commute freely and daily from their residence to East Jerusalem.
Due to time constraints, ATS reserves the right to start the selection process (including offering the position in case a suitable candidate is found) before the post’s closing date.
We thank all applicants in advance but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.