The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is an international organisation with 61 member states. DCAF helps its partners achieve good governance of the security sector, adjusting legal frameworks and developing institutions and practices. DCAF is known for its ability to implement projects in complex and dynamic environments. DCAF works with governments, parliaments, security and justice providers, international organisations, civil society and media to assist the development of transparent and accountable governance of the security sector.
DCAF’s Office in Ramallah seeks a highly qualified
Under the supervision of the Head of Office of DCAF in Ramallah, the Project Assistant is responsible for managing the project portfolio. His/her duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
Project Planning and Implementation:
- Conducting tasks of designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects.
Organising Workshops, Conferences and Training Courses:
- Preparing the relevant documentation in Arabic and English;
- Facilitating sessions and delivering topical input;
- Programme and project related networking;
- Assisting in preparing documents and publications;
- Undertaking background research
- Translate documents from Arabic into English and vice versa;
Education, knowledge and experience
- A degree in political or social sciences, public administration, law, development, or related fields
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in project management, including experience in managing grants/budgets
- Proven conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in areas such as gender mainstreaming, security sector reform, good governance, media, civil society
- Experience from an international organization – NGO or intergovernmental – is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of key governmental, international and civil society actors in Palestine.
- Experience in preparing analytical reports
- Excellent command of both oral and written English;
- Excellent command of Arabic
- Knowledge of another language is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Cultural sensitivity
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications by e-mail to [email protected]
Attachments must include the following documents:
- letter of motivation,
- CV (including the names of 3 references), and
The subject line of the email should mention: “Vacancy RAM2018/PA”. The deadline for applications is 25 October 2018.
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. DCAF is not in a position to respond to telephone inquiries.