DCAF – The Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to making states and people safer through more effective and accountable security and justice. Since 2000, DCAF has facilitated, driven and shaped Security Sector Reform (SSR) policy and programming around the world.
DCAF is currently beginning the implementation of the project under the DFID funded Capability, Accountability, Sustainability and Inclusivity Programme (CASIP) aiming at providing support to the Palestinian Security Sector. The CASIP will deliver improved financial and human resources management, policy-making capability, a more effective security sector complaints handling system, and increased internal accountability of Palestinian Authority Security Forces (PASF).
DCAF is designing a multi-year programme to support the objective. In support of the outcome, the Technical Assistance programme will support interventions in four identified thematic areas:
- Planning, research and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Public financial management
- Human resources
It is expected that the project will run from July 2019 through to March 2021 contingent on funding. In order to support implementation of the CASIP DCAF is looking for qualified candidates for the post of Project Officer (PO).
Purpose of Mandate
The PO reports directly to the CASIP Team Leader (TL) and ensures ongoing coordination with Local Coordinators in charge of the components of the project. S/he coordinates with the project partners including MoI, security agencies, other governmental bodies, CSOs and other stakeholders. Under the supervision of the CASIP PO each of the Local Coordinators is directly responsible for implementation of the four thematic area activities, based on the approved project documents, in particular:
The local Project Officer will work together with the international Project Assistant to support the TL in overseeing project implementation and reporting. In particular s/he will:
- Support the TL in implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Support the development of project workplans;
- Represent the project in coordination bodies and as delegated by the TL or Head of Office in front of authorities and other stakeholders;
- Support the drafting of quality narrative and financial reports in English, within established deadlines for final submission to Geneva Headquarters and/or to donors;
- Assist with the preparation of the updates, M&E plans, procedures and forms and ensures that they are in line with DFID and internal DCAF requirements;
- Assist in the organization of Technical Steering Committee meetings and the preparation of files, proposals and reports/updates;
- Support project knowledge management;
- Support project procurement and recruitment processes;
- Oversee operational and logistical arrangements of the project activities;
- Assist in the identification, liaison with and contracting of thematic experts;
- Make substantial contributions to programme activities and research needs;
- Network, develop new contacts, ensure communication with the project stakeholders, based on the project communication plan;
- Ensure mobilization of relevant personnel and services for the project. This includes drafting terms of reference, work specifications and contracts, support to procurement and recruitment;
- Monitor work of the project partners, work of contractors and experts/consultants supporting the implementation;
- Capture, on an ongoing basis, lessons learnt during project implementation and record them in the lessons learned log;
- Indicate at the earliest stage any project risks that can occur and propose the mitigation measures;
- Ensure that the project inputs are relevant for implementation of activities and achievement of the project outputs, and that value for money is observed throughout the implementation;
- Provide communication support on the project including drafting press releases and other documents as requested;
- Ensure full compliance with DCAF and DFID guidelines and regulations related to the project implementation, finance management, procurement, human resources and others.
- Contribute to other DCAF reports, planning processes and strategies development as necessary;
- Carry out any other tasks as requested by the TL or Head of Office.
- Effective and efficient implementation management and timely delivery of the activities as per the workplans;
- Timely delivery of the reports and other required inputs to the MEL system;
- Delivery of quality substantive and project implementation documents;
- Effective support to the project procurement, recruitment and logistics;
- Project results, risks, lessons learned, success stories recorded and used for during the project implementation;
- Political support to the project maintained, the stakeholders managed.
Timeline and assignment
The Project Officer will be hired for the period until 31 March 2020 with the possibility of extension to 31 March 2021 assuming the availability of project funding and satisfactory performance by the incumbent.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Policy, law, management and administration or related fields;
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience as Project Coordinator or Manager;
- Experience and proven knowledge in some or all of the four thematic areas of the programme;
- Previous work in/with public institutions as well as with senior management of governmental institutions;
- Previous experience working on projects providing support to the PA and in particular the MoI and security agencies will be an asset;
- Proven track record of drafting project implementation and substantive documents;
- Experience in working in multicultural and interdisciplinary teams;
- Experience in drafting documents/reports;
- Experience in M&E will be an asset;
- Proven experience in developing an intervention plan including: outputs, activities, time frame, defining roles and responsibilities, risk plan;
- Excellent command of oral and written Arabic and English.
-Excellent communication and drafting skills;
-Proven problem-solving skills;
-Strong planning and analytical skills;
-Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines;
- Excellent team work;
-IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel.
The ethical principles for the professional performance of the PO shall be as follows:
Anonymity and confidentiality:
The PO must guarantee anonymity and confidentiality for any persons providing information in the context of this assignment.
Problems arising during the assignment shall be immediately communicated to DCAF.
The PO shall guarantee their independence from the activities implemented. S/he will communicate all and any conflicts of interest to DCAF.
The application must be submitted before 2 November Ramallah time, in an electronic version to DCAF email address ([email protected]) stating in the subject “CASIP Project Officer”.
The proposal must contain the following elements (in English):
- Covering letter (maximum 1 page)
- CV (maximum 3 pages)
The salary will be proposed based on DCAF standards.
DCAF reserves the right to request additional information deemed appropriate from the applicant.
DCAF will treat all information received in the context of the application confidentially. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. DCAF is not in a position to respond to neither emails nor telephone enquiries.
The vacancy is open to Palestinian nationals only.