The YWCA of Palestine is a national non-profit, non-governmental, membership based organization, legally registered under the Palestinian Authority, and made up of member local associations in Bethlehem, Jericho, Jerusalem, and Ramallah.
According to the Strategic Plan 2016-2020, Its vision is: Women and especially young women are decision-makers, agents of change and leaders in a society where equality, freedom, tolerance, justice, dignity and peace are realized. YWCA sees its main mission as empowering women and youth, to demand, exercise and protect their political, economic, and social rights.
The YWCA presently works in Youth Leadership Development and Civic Engagement, Economic Justice (with emphasis on women's economic empowerment), and Promoting Women/Youth leadership engagement in just peace
The YWCA of Palestine is directly managing or supporting the management of several grants with several donors in all of the thematic areas.
The YWCA of Palestine would like to recruit a new post (preferably female) in the position of National Director for the YWCA of Palestine (ND) who will be the Head of the Senior Management Team of the YWCA of Palestine. As such she will directly supervise the Finance, Operations, and Senior Program Managers, including Reporting and Monitoring/Evaluation Staff. The National Director also provides technical support and guidance for the staff in the national office, and ensures a positive working environment. The ND reports directly to the General Secretary.
The ND will oversee the development of the annual institutional plan with inputs from all staff, institute a monitoring system to ensure that the annual plan, all functions and grants managed by the national staff are delivered in a timely and effective manner, and in accordance with donor agreements, meeting objectives, and within designated time-frames and budgets
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s degree in management or development studies or other related fields
- Minimum 10 years of experience in management preferably in the NGO sector
- Proven experience designing and managing development interventions, especially in the area of economic, social and political empowerment of women and youth
- Excellent communications skills in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of the development needs and gaps in Palestine especially of youth and women, as well as effective program strategies leading to youth and women empowerment
- Computer skills Microsoft Office programs
- Willingness to travel throughout the West Bank, as well as regionally and internationally
- Relations with donors and/or ecumenical/church networks is an added value
- Able to work within teams and working under stress
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and a letter of intent, explaining why they are interested in the Job, and what qualifications they have for this job. CV’s and the letter should be submitted by Monday 19 August at [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Job is planned to be filled at latest by 1 November 2019. Women will be given priority for this job.
For more details, the full Job Description is Available and can be requested using the above e-mail.