Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion- HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under supervision of the Palestine Finance Manager, operates the mission accounting practice in compliance with both the Palestine legal framework and the framework defined by HI. She/ he strives to produce high quality mission accounting and to meet accounting deadlines. .
Responsibility 1: to carry out accounting operations of the mission in compliance with HI and the donor’s procedures
Objective: to deliver accurate and timely accounting deliverables and that they are in compliance with HI and donor’s procedures
- Registering financial transactions in NAV on daily basis with high accuracy in terms of GAP codes, financial codes and description for Jerusalem and Ramallah offices
- Reconciling the bank transaction with bank statement on monthly basis for Jerusalem and Ramallah Offices
- Carrying out regular cash count in Ramallah
- Keeping good contact with the bank management so as to ease relations and to get banking features which ease the work
- Identifying banking risk and raise to line manager as necessary
- Closing the accounting on monthly basis on the deadline agreed with the program deadlines for the whole Palestine mission
- Filing of accounting documents, including in scan-it as advised by HI procedures
- Leading mid and end of the year closure including providing accurate partner and bank circularization and other necessary administrative documents for the whole mission
- Updating banking delegation and commitment signature table as soon changes are identified in close collaboration with the finance manager
- Pulling out accounting documents from archive and make the scan/ copy for the auditor
- Provide accounting clarification as requested by auditor
- Ensure that all accounting processes are one in accordance with HI rules, regulations and standards for the whole mission
Responsibility 2: implementing the mission’s accounting practices in compliance with the government requirements
Objective: to produce accounting deliverables which are in compliance with the government requirements including payment of taxes for the whole mission
- Keeping updated in government accounting and taxation regulations
- Deducting accurate income taxes from suppliers/ service providers and make the payment on time, and uploading on Palestinian income tax on the online portal of MOF.
- Reconciling tax payments on monthly bases and obtaining updated records from ministry for clearance
- Managing monthly payment of Israeli National Insurance and taxes as advised from payroll advisor
- Facilitating the yearly legal audit for the mission
- Providing documents for the yearly legal audit
- Providing accounting clarification as requested by auditor
- Manage the VAT exemption when required for all projects and keep records for documents obtained from ministry
Responsibility 3: Carry out checking of partners accounting documents and their capacity building for Ramallah office
Objective: to maintain the quality of partners’ financial documents and accounting practices in compliance with HI procedures
- Carrying out partner’s capacity assessment in accounting before the agreement is signed
- Carrying out partner’s training and coaching on accounting topics before and during the agreement
- Checking eligibility of partners invoices in compliance with HI and donor rules .
- Recording expenses of the partners in Navision and settle the partners accounts
- Transferring money to partner after validation of transfer request upon validation of Project Manager/ Country Manager/ Regional Finance Manager
- Providing recommendations to the partners on what can be improved in the accounting documents, bank receipts, and accounting practices
- Participate in the audit of the partner when requested
Responsibility 4: To carry out payments by cash and bank on timely basis as required in Ramallah office
- Processing the payments and reception of cash/transfers during appropriate hours and in the field if needed
- Preparing the cheques for payments and ensuring they are dully signed by the authorized persons.
- Preparing the payments by e-banking and ensuring authorization by authorized persons.
- Registers the entries in the logbook for each operation and controlling the coherence between the log book and HI procedures
- Ensuring there is no cash shortage by anticipating cash withdrawal, informing the line manager in order to prepare the withdrawal request.
- Performing weekly and monthly cash counts with the with designated persons
- Supporting the finance officer to perform monthly HQ cash request by providing the log book, outstanding advances, last month transfer received from HQ and cash plan up to expected date of receiving the next HQ cash transfer.
Assists his/her line manager in any other tasks that may not be included in this job description
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- University graduate in the field of accounting or Finance
- Strong experience Accountancy and Finance (at least 3 years).
- Previous work experience with I/NGO.
- Fluent in English (French a plus)
- Basic Knowledge of Hebrew ( level 1)
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to support and train
- Good capacity in team work
- Good knowledge in MS Applications ( Excel , word ...etc)
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year renewable upon availability of funds.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before 22nd of September 2020 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Mission Accountant) in the subject line of your e-mail applacation. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.