MSF Spain is looking for a skilled Mental Health Supervisor in Gaza to help us provide quality service to our beneficiaries. This position is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in the humanitarian sector and develop your skills. You will also be an important member of our team focusing on medical and mental health assistance to population.
You will be working in our Gaza Office and also you will participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / psycho-social related ser-vices in the program in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
We expect you to share our humanitarian values to offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. In MSF we treat our beneficiaries with dignity, and with respect for their cultural and religious beliefs.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs.
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager.
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
- Ensuring the implementation and the continuity of the Mental Health Unit in the Turkish Palestinian Friendship Hospital (TPFH) with high quality.
- Assisting and coaching the Mental Health Supervisor (MHS) in managing the MH Unit when needed.
- Supervising, in collaboration with the MHS, the daily mental health activities in the hospital.
- Monitoring, in collaboration with the MHS, the internal and external referrals.
- To support and organize the workflow of the MH Unit.
- Providing technical supervision for every member of the team on a weekly basis.
- Supporting the MH team with proper registration of information on the clinical files, and to ensure patients’ confidentiality.
- Providing specialized trainings for the MH team according to their needs and/or requests.
- Providing different MH trainings when the need is identified by the project.
- Preparing reports on a weekly basis and when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Degree in Psychology, Clinical Degree is an advantage
MPHSS experience of at least 2 years. Providing active/passive supervision is an asset.
Fluent in Arabic and English
• People Management.
- Full time position (Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 -16:30)
- 20 days annual leave
- Complementary Staff Health Policy
- Mental Health Support
- Starting date: Soon as possible
- Transportation Allowance
- Child Allowance
- 13th month Salary
- 6 months contract with possible extension (Depending on funding and programmes' needs)
We require all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. Failure of submitting this application documents would make the application invalid and the application would not be considered.
All documents of application must be in English.
Please send your applications with CV & Resume, a cover letter including aforementioned instructions in English
The deadline for application is 14/08/2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for technical test and interview.
All the steps of the recruitment will be done in ENGLISH.
In order to submit your application via Google Forms, you shall have a GMAIL account. If you do not have one, you shall create a GMAIL Account.