Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 70 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR
Providing optimal preventive and psychosocial aid to people with mental health and psychosocial needs at community level according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Provide clinical supersession for the technical team (counselors and psychologists) on weekly basis and with high quality.
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- To develop and revise documents and materials that are going to be used for trainings
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A degree in psychology or other related fields.
- Having clinical experience, especially in establishing proper diagnosis and providing patients with short-term psycho-therapeutic interventions is essential.
- Experience working with cases who have been exposed to violent incidents and traumas is preferable.
- Having previous experience in providing trainings to other actors in mental health topics.
- Having previous experience in data collection tools is an asset.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Hebron Project
With the reference: MHS vacancy in the email subject. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is April 29th.