Palestinian Farmers Union is a popular framework was established at 1993, work on organizing and building the capacity of farmers organizations to enable them to defend their rights and benefits, it works as a national umbrella aims to work with similar Arabic and international organizations and the continuity of these unions work to achieve the principle of agricultural development continuity which depend on the method of collecting the capacities and directing the shared possibilities to improve performance and to preserve environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of PFU media materials in both English and Arabic.
- Maintain social media outreach through Facebook, email, and direct mail.
- Preparation of reports in both Arabic and English.
- Preparation of success stories.
Responsibilities in Details:
- Coordinating all activities related to communication and media, including producing, editing and writing.
- Conducting field visits to programs and beneficiaries to develop needed materials for media and press releases in English and Arabic
- Write articles and send photos for publications to media outlets
- Coordinating with media outlets in relation to the production of materials and press releases.
- Designing, writing and editing all annual and periodical reports related to PFU achievements.
- Managing social networks, PFU website and enhancing the users’ capacity to find information.
- Take photos and record videos of all program activities and do the necessary editing.
-Written and verbal fluency in English is a must.
-Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and under pressure.
-Highly motivated and results driven.
Reports to: executive Director
Key Matrix Relationships: All staff
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, social networking, public relations or practical experience in communication with a bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in writing in English and Arabic in accordance with PFU requirements of reports, publications, press releases, campaigns and website.
- Minimum three years of proven practical experience in communication and media.
- Good knowledge of the Palestinian civil society and the Palestinian political and social reality.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and cover letter to: [email protected]. No later than 13 of May 2018. The selection committee will review all applications. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.