Position Title: Media and advocacy assistant
Period: 6 months with possibility of extension
Starting date: As soon as possible
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteers. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The Media and advocacy assistant role is to provide support to the implementation of the (Emergency and Early recovery response to 2021 war in Gaza) project and activities in Gaza. This project is implemented in partnership with PARCIC. The Media and advocacy assistant will be working closely with the Media and Advocacy Officer to ensure that all internal and external communication is effectively implemented and in compliance with PARC communication guidelines. In particular, the post holder will be responsible for updating the office social media, support the development of communication materials, campaign initiatives and translation for the department.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Working closely with advocacy coordinator for designing and implementing advocacy campaigns plans both digital and offline in West Bank and Gaza on issues related to Gender Justice and Digitalization.
- Taking a leading role on developing, designing and implementing a digital campaign and work on producing digital materials to achieve the campaign objectives.
- Working closely with farmers in developing advocacy and media productions and publications of community engagement initiatives.
- Ensuring documentation and submitting reports to advocacy coordinator covering the media and advocacy aspect of the project
- Producing regular communication material and disseminate news and information to ensure media outreach of the project activities
- Taking a leading role of producing all publications related to project (reports, brochure, flyers, banners and audio-visual materials)
- Planning and implementing the media activities in accordance with the project activity plan, proposal and budget.
- Developing terms of reference of the required media project trainings.
- Assisting in managing the online and offline platforms that are going to be used in project activities, editing content and following up with project participants in West Bank and Gaza to ensure that they are utilizing the platforms and publishing content related to project activities.
- Conducting regular visits to the field and ensure documentation.
- Participating in all the project’s activities.
- Fulfilled the policies, terms and conditions of the contract.
- Coordinate for and lead advocacy visits to raise the awareness of the diplomats, consoles, and advocacy officers from other organizations on the suffering of
- Produce and disseminate regular monthly/quarterly reports on the IHL/IHRL violations and other incidents affecting the different livelihood groups
- Produce infographics on the humanitarian situation in the agriculture sector including incidents statistics, challenges, and priorities.
- Draft articles and case studies suitable for publication on access restrictions, IHL/IHRL violations, and other challenges in the agriculture sector
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Communication, Media, journalism, Public Relation or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of similar work experience (Social Media, advocacy, digital work, communication, Youth and human rights).
- Proven experience in using social media and digitalization.
- Experience in working with farmers in a participatory way
- Experience in designing digital campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication both in written and in verbal.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective report writing and analytical skills.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 27 June 2021 and include the job title (Media and advocacy assistant) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.