Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Reporting to the Regional/Standalone MEAL manager, the Palestine MEAL Senior Officer is responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of monitoring & evaluation, accountability & learning and information management systems on the projects in the geographical area(s) to which he or she is assigned.
MISSIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Mission 1: Strategy and steering
- Contributes to defining MEAL and Information Management action plan, implements this action plan and then monitors it;
- In close collaboration with the Programme / Regional MEAL Manager and the project managers, ensures the implementation of systems for monitoring, data collection, information management, evaluation, accountability to affected populations, learning and knowledge management that are adapted to the intervention context and enable compliance with HI standards;
- Forwards to the Programme / Regional MEAL manager any information or difficulties that could help to improve these systems;
- Helps drive the performance of the MEAL department.
- Participates in strengthening the MEAL/IM skills of partners
Mission 2 : Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Supports projects managers and partners to implement the minimum project management processes described in PME (Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation) policy and guidelines
- Trains and accompanies project managers in the PME methodology guidelines and their application on the programme.
- Ensures the proper planning and implementation of essential project management processes on each project.
Responsibility 2: Is responsible for setting up systems for monitoring outcomes and for ensuring compliance with methodological standards when conducting surveys
- Ensures the systematic drafting of monitoring plans and the regular monitoring of project indicators;
- Provides project managers and partners with technical support and trains project teams and surveyors in monitoring methods and conducting surveys. In particular, supports the design of questionnaires and survey protocols;
- According to the needs and monitoring plans, contributes to certain surveys or monitoring activities through supervision or direct implementation.
Responsibility 3: If there is no Database Officer in the area/country, is responsible for the implementation of the data and management systems defined at programme level.
- Develops databases as required and ensures the recording and processing of data for the surveys implemented.
- Contributes to the compilation of needs for data analyses and to the creation of dashboards;
- Ensures access to relevant internal and external operational information for all staff.
Responsibility 4: Is responsible for compliance with the HI standards applicable to project evaluations
- Ensures that evaluation activities are carried out, including annual self-evaluations and follow-up to internal evaluations;
- Ensures that feedback sessions on the findings of evaluations are held with the beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the projects.
Responsibility 5: Is responsible for the application of the mechanisms defined by the Programme / Regional MEAL manager to provide accountability to affected populations
- Helps to define population accountability mechanisms and is responsible for the facilitation of these mechanisms;
- Provides regular feedback to the Programme / Regional MEAL manager on the accountability mechanisms in place to enable the continuous improvement of interventions.
Responsibility 6: Contributes to learning and the continuous improvement of HI’s interventions
- Is responsible for implementing processes and methods for collecting, analysing, modelling and ownership of the knowledge produced, in accordance with the frameworks defined by the Programme / Regional MEAL manager.
- Contributes to the analyses of the information collected and the knowledge produced to strengthen collective learning;
- Ensures the sharing of knowledge produced internally on the programme and more broadly at organisation level by using HI Library.
Responsibility 7: Contributes to the external representation and promotion of HI’s MEAL expertise.
- Represents HI’s MEAL and IM expertise in all relevant networks in his or her geographical area of intervention.
Mission 3 : Emergency preparedness and response
- Contributes to the programme’s emergency preparedness actions and, in an emergency, adapts his or her working methods to contribute to an effective humanitarian approach by HI.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The successful candidate should at least have:
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, statistics, IT, computer sciences or any relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of humanitarian aid and development project management, or MEAL related jobs
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including WORD, POWERPOINT and EXCEL
- English & Arabic language skills
- Proficient in Information management strategy, data structuring and data quality.
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, analytical mind , daptability, flexibility and Autonomy in work
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 12 months, and the position is based in Ramallah with frequent movement to Jerusalem & Gaza Offices
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates can send their resume with a cover letter to reach on or before the 20th of August 2023, to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Palestine MEAL Senior Officer) in the subject line in your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
The candidate or his/her representative must let the HR representative know that s/he needs an adjustment or change at the test and the interview for a reason related to a medical condition by sending a request for accommodation at the email mentioned above.
By applying to this position, you give to HI recruitment team the consent to get a reference check about you with respect to the misconduct disclosure scheme.