Al- Tawasol Forum Society is an NGO, registered with the Palestinian Interior Ministry holds a certificate of registration number 7536, was established in 2006 to activate the role of women, youth, children and the elderly and to integrate them into their societies.
Position Title: MEAL Officer
Position Type: Part time (50%)
Location: AlTawasol Forum Society (TFS)
Duration: 7 months
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
The MEAL Officer, under the supervision of Executive Manager, is responsible for carrying out and developing, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities in the organization.
- Developing MEAL system, including designing a framework for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and Learning of the project activities and defining methodologies for collecting data that will be used for monitoring the effective implementation.
- Supports the development of MEAL tools and supervises quality data collection.
- Keep accurate records of data, activities, and Community/beneficiaries’ participation in monitoring activities.
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of TFS policy on confidentiality and consent.
- Ensures data quality measures implemented during data flow process and meeting the standards.
- Supports the use of information, communication, and technology for development to advance MEAL objectives.
- Leads quantitative and qualitative data analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data.
- Develops and implements activities according to MEAL plan.
- Ensures accountability to targeted beneficiaries, supporting the use of Feedback and Response Mechanism.
- Supports the capacity development of TFS and partner staff in MEAL competencies by providing coaching, accompaniment, and training.
- Supports project evaluations and reviews as required.
- Conducts regular field visits as key task of the MEAL Department to all running activities and develop the required field reports.
- Integrates protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women, men, boys and girls, and people with disabilities in data collection processes.
- Participates in projects’ specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process.
- Develops information materials for Complaints Feedback and Response Mechanisms.
- Manages the beneficiary feedback mechanism by receiving and filing complaints based on the pre-established protocols.
- Keeps complaints records confidential and only accessible to relevant staff according to the internal feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Identifies and documents lessons learned, generates best practices.
- Participates/facilitates in internal projects evaluations and learning reviews that are intended for lessons learned and operational decision making.
- Prepares regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress.
- Prepares Focus Group Discussion and other qualitative reports.
- Performs any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in Monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, Research, Engineering, Management, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in monitoring, evaluation, learning and results-based management with excellent theoretical knowledge about MEAL requirements.
- At least 3 years of experience in projects coordination and project management with NGOs or INGOs.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Experience in project’s proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
- Strong conceptual knowledge about results frameworks and logic models.
- Experience with designing and facilitating MEAL meeting and events, such as data analysis and interpretation workshops.
- Experience in MEAL capacity strengthening, including facilitating training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis using Excel and SPSS through good statistical methods and techniques.
- Experience in database development/management.
Knowledge and skills:
- Confident user of MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI), knowledge and use of other statistical packages is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- Initiative, self-reliant and cooperative.
- Excellent time, organizational management skills and motivation.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
Al- Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Deadline for applications is 23/08/2021 at 12:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For inquiries, please call the Association's telephone number: 082557209