Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
The YWCA of Palestine is one of the oldest women organizations in Palestine. Its origins go back to the year 1893. We are seeking to employ a qualified person to fill the above job.
As a none governmental organization, we envision a free and democratic civil society where women and youth are empowered to exercise and protect their political, economic, and social rights. The YWCA of Palestine has three thematic areas of work: Leadership Development and Civic Engagement, Economic Justice, and Just Peace. We are a rights-based association where our advocacy work and all our programs are based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Details of the Job:
Duty Station: Ramallah, with frequent travel in the West Bank
Duration of Contract: Annual contract with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Reports to: The National Director
Closing Date for Applications: July 1st 2021
Starting Date: Aug, 2021
Functions/ Expected Key Results /Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Design, develop and implement the monitoring and evaluation (MEAL) plan for the National YWCA of Palestine including its local members: the associations of Ramallah, Bethlehem, Jericho and Jerusalem).
- Design and create assessment tools for projects' activities according to their objectives and target groups (innovative, participatory, interactive, and easy evaluation tools)
- Hands-on support to YWCA Palestine in data monitoring and documenting the outputs and outcomes results, challenges and mitigation plan of the project/s in consultation with the supervision management.
- Strengthen the YWCA’s monitoring and evaluation systems and resources including M&E automated system.
- Oversee, design, implement, follow-up and data collection ensuring proper documentation of all beneficiaries for all projects.
- Support field management and lead the collection of all needed evidencing documents for outputs and outcomes claims of all projects.
- Closely follow the implementation of all projects and conduct quarterly monitoring and evaluation sessions, including reflection sessions, focus groups, preparing surveys, etc.
- Conduct regular field visits to support implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for all projects under the umbrella of YWCA of Palestine.
- Follow up on results frameworks and projects’ indicators including case studies and success stories and other documents to demonstrate project impacts.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results and the overall progress on the level of each project.
- Collect progress narrative reports in compliance with each project proposal time frame.
- Participate in the annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist supervision management in preparing relevant reports
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in projects’ final evaluation activities, if conducted externally
- Participate in donor meetings to update them on projects’ achievements and challenges.
- Train field staff in collecting and monitoring data, and reporting on indicators.
- Perform other duties as required
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in project management at Non-governmental organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economic, social sciences, engineering or other relevant fields.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Statistical command and experience with data collection processes.
- Knowledge of different monitoring tools (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Familiarity with different donors’ policies related to evaluation and performance management.
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Social Media channels, ads, promotion, knowledge of website management systems
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team, environment cutting across multiple departments.
- Precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build effective working relationships with employers and stakeholders.
- Ability to frequent travel as needed to target locations and meeting with different stakeholders.
Please attach, with your application, a copy of your CV and a cover letter, and mail it, no later than July 1st 2021 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Office of the National Director