CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
MEAL Officer, under the supervision of MEAL Manager, is responsible for carrying out and developing, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities in the organization. S/he will work in close cooperation with SIF programs’ teams consisting of food security and livelihoods, WASH, shelter, protection and seasonal and emergency. The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
MEAL System Development:
- Support Program Team in drawing up and/or reviewing logical frameworks and need analysis during the design and implementation of the projects;
- Actively lead on the definition of the M&E Plans and ensuring its implementation in compliance with MEAL strategy;
- Prepare the MEAL framework and tools and participate to the development of the databases;
- Set up a monitoring system and design the proper tools in order to collect direct feedback from SIF participants and the targeted communities;
- Share the M&E Plan with the program teams and plan all the field activities related to M&E (field visits to SIF beneficiaries, meeting with the community or other project stakeholders, etc.).
- Participate in developing MEAL Standard Operation Procedures and assist in staff training.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Undertake regular visits to field locations to support monitoring and evaluation processes and develop and implement accountability processes;
- Keep accurate records of data, activities and community/beneficiaries’ participation in monitoring activities;
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of SIF policy on confidentiality and consent;
- Coordinate all collection, reporting and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative);
- Ensure data quality measures implemented during data flow process and meeting the standards;
- Conduct regular field visits as key task of the MEAL Department to all running activities and develop the required field reports;
- Integrate protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women, men, boys and girls, and people with disabilities in data collection processes;
- Participate in projects’ specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process;
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluations and all other activity related to MEAL such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, etc.
- Provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement;
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions.
- Support MEAL Manager in developing the information materials for complaint and feedback mechanisms;
- Support MEAL Manager in training staff on internal feedback guidelines and relevant Protocols;
- Follow up the beneficiary feedback mechanism by receiving and filing complaints based on the pre-established protocols;
- Keep complaints records confidential and only accessible to relevant staff according to the internal feedback mechanism guidelines;
- Contribute to develop, with the support of the Program team, appropriate accountability strategies respectful of the local context;
- Serve as focal point for the mainstreaming and making sure that cross cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, Governance and child safeguarding policies/ procedures in the project activities.
- Support MEAL Manager in training other team members on M & E tools and skills as appropriate including needs analysis of team;
- Participate and/or facilitate internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises;
- Support internal improvement processes (theory of changes, Log Frames and strategies);
- Identify and document lessons learned, generate best practices in cooperation with Field Officers, Heads of Projects, and on request by the Program Managers;
- Participate/facilitate in internal projects evaluations and learning reviews that are intended for lessons learned and operational decision making.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress;
- Prepare clear data analysis reports including best practices and case studies;
- Support the MEAL Manager in drafting assessment/survey reports;
- Participate in the preparation of Indicators & Beneficiaries Progress Report (IBPR) and International Strategic Plan (ISP) report;
- Support in writing mid-term, final or other reports required by SIF HQ, local government, donors, etc.;
- Assist MEAL Manager and programs in data collection, analysis and reporting, and identify areas for improvement;
- Prepare monthly report on project progresses accordingly to the objectives planned;
- Prepare weekly plan and reports and share them with the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience relevant to monitoring and evaluation work and experience; two of them in INGO
- Experience in project’s proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing links with NGOs; INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
- Very good written and spoken English (essential);
- Very good communication skills and flexibility;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, very good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: West Bank
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- MEAL Officer: (Ref # 2021/05/01
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the 10th June 2021 to the following e-mail address:
Sending emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer