Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Position: MEAL Officer/full time
Responsible To: Program Coordinator
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
MEAL Officer: is responsible to develop the M&E plans, contribute to follow up the projects activities, collect data on the projects indicators and regularly check the results and progresses achieved in order to control the projects performances. He/she will work closely with the Program Coordinator and the Project Managers in order to implement efficient monitoring and evaluating strategies allowing the departments to better control the progress and the impact of the activities on the ground. The MEAL Officer will spend
The MEAL Officer ensures that proper monitoring tools are defined in order to allow Management staff to easily access to the information required continuously rectify and improve the implementation of the projects and deliver high quality programs accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
30% of his time in field visits.
The job includes, but is not limited to the tasks and objectives described below:
MEAL System Development:
- Support Program Team in drawing up and/or reviewing logical frameworks and need analysis during the design and implementation of the projects;
- Actively lead on the definition of the M&E Plans and ensuring its implementation;
- Prepare the MEAL framework and tools and participate to the development of the databases;
- Set up a monitoring system and design the proper tools in order to collect direct feedback from SIF participants and the targeted communities;
- Design and develop questionnaires et impact indicators in order to measure the achievement of project results and objectives;
- Share the M&E plan with the program teams and plan all the field activities related to M&E (field visits to SIF beneficiaries, meeting with the community or other project stakeholders..,
Monitoring and Evaluating the Projects:
- Undertake regular visits to field locations to support monitoring and evaluation processes and develop and implement accountability processes;
- Build the capacities and train the concerned Program staff on how use the MEAL system and tools;
- Design and regularly update the tools and the beneficiaries databases;
- Produce monitoring checklists and provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement;
- On time warn the Management team about risks linked to the projects and share recommendations with the program team and partners based on the analysis of the data previously collected;
- Coordinate all collection, reporting and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative);
- Design regular evaluation activities including surveys, research,…
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions;
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluations and all other activity related to MEAL such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, etc.
- Contribute to develop, with the support of the Program team, appropriate accountability strategies respectful of the local context;
- Undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of response mechanisms to the targeted communities. Ensure that complaints/feedback are registered and addressed on time and in a professional way and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption are appropriately forwarded and treated;
- Serve as focal point for the mainstreaming and making sure that cross cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, Governance and child safeguarding policies/ procedures in the project activities.
Reporting and data Analysis
- Prepare clear data analysis reports including best practices and case studies;
- Fill field reports including recommendations on the projects improvement;
- Support in writing mid-term, final or other reports required by SIF HQ, local government, donors, etc.;
- Prepare monthly report on project progresses accordingly to the objectives planned;
- Prepare weekly plan and reports and share them with the supervisor.
- BA in social sciences (Sociology, Law, , Statistics, Socio-Economy, etc.) or other relevant field;
- At least 3 years working experience in MEAL, preferably in the field of humanitarian projects;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of project activities, data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience in research methodology, sampling and managing statistical models;
- Demonstrated experience in collecting data through digital systems and good command of the software currently used (ODK Collect, MOBENZI, CommCare, etc.);
- Knowledge on accountability initiatives, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms;
- Previous experience with a non-governmental organization will be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of the project cycle management;
- High level communication skills (both oral and written);
- Professional level in English and Arabic (reading, writing, spoken);
- High level computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.), SPSS;
- Knowledge of GIS software is an asset;
- Qualities: good interpersonal skills, integrity, team spirit, patient, well organized, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is March 29th, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please submit only by email.