CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with the Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The role of the MEAL Manager is to establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making and to ensure harmonized MEAL practices across program teams at the mission level. The position holder will support the design of standardized MEAL processes and tools in coordination with other departments. This will involve: creating, developing, and supporting program teams to use MEAL systems to collect, aggregate and analyse data; and play a key role in ensuring that the reporting needs of key stakeholders are met.
- Adhere to SIF policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Lead the development of MEAL systems, including procedures, guidelines and tools.
- Advise management on MEAL solutions/options in the design of staffing, resourcing and budgeting.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development and logical framework design.
- Support the program teams in planning for and executing MEAL activities, including, data collection methodologies and tools; and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations and assessments; and also of monitoring data in program development, adjustment, or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports.
- Capacity building and training of program and support staff as well as of partner organizations on MEAL technical and conceptual areas.
- Ensure effective knowledge sharing within the mission.
- Serve as focal point for the mainstreaming of specific subjects and ensure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in programs with special focus on protection mainstreaming, gender, governance and child safeguarding.
- Ensure MEAL plan is elaborated for each project and adhered to.
- Support program teams in organisation of initial kick-off meetings for each project and launching the PMP monitoring part.
- Ensure regular project reviews using the PMP tool.
- Support Programs in organisation of lessons learnt or action review workshops.
- Ensure program monitoring data is collected in timely manner and is reliable and valid.
- Support programs in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Support programs in analysis of indicators and beneficiary data.
- Develop Mission MEAL Standard Operation Procedures and train relevant staff on them.
- Ensure project quality and accountability through field visits, providing support to program team and developing appropriate tools and mechanisms to enhance quality delivery of projects.
- Lead project specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process.
- Contribute to the development of MEAL tools including data collection instruments in order to inform SIF strategic indicators.
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports.
- Lead and/or facilitate internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises.
- Ensure all information is centrally held, accurate and available including that held in databases and guide and support the development of appropriate data management systems.
- Ensure feedback and suggestions are collected from affected populations and other stakeholders in adequate manner.
- Provide timely information to country management team about risks related to the projects and share recommendations with the program team and partners based on available data analysis.
- Report performed activities and achievements to line supervisor.
- Participate in other MEAL and communications initiatives as needed.
- Ensure SIF reports timely relevant data to partners and within country coordination mechanisms.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned by supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree in Economics, Political or Social Sciences, Quantitative or Statistical Analysis or other relevant degree;
- Minimum 5 years of experience relevant in the field of monitoring and evaluation in INGOs;
- Demonstrated experience in project proposal & report writing;
- Experience in project cycle management;
- Demonstrated experience in applied research in quantitative and qualitative fields including excellent command of sampling methods;
- Experience in working in collaboration with NGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Excellent written and spoken English, French is desirable;
- Computer skills (MS Package), knowledge of statistical software and/or qualitative data management software will be an advantage;
- Experience with mobile data collection software (ODK, Kobo Collect);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
SIF expects the position holder to have the following personal qualities: moral integrity and high ethical standards, team spirit, patient, well-organized, flexible, open minded, sociable, highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: Until end of the year (renewable).
- Starting Date: Immediately
- M & E Manager : (Ref #: 2019/02/MEM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 14th March 2019 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer