Position: MEAL Assistant
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Starting Date ASAP
I- Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
II- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a MEAL Assistant for its operations.
“ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.”
- Support the MEAL Officer to implement the MEAL policies and procedures as described in the Acted MEAL standard guidelines;
- Manage Acted’s Feedback Mechanism, AFM, by answering phone calls, recording, and forwarding all complaints and suggestions received to the MEAL Officer.
- Facilitate MEAL data collection and assessment activities, surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, as well as other types of assessments and data collection that is required;
- Assist in the development of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews);
- Support the MEAL Officer in the supervision of the field enumerators in terms of performance and their work progress based on their field workplans, and to train them on the data collection tools and the relevant ethical considerations;
- Support partners’ enumerators to collect consistent data, meeting the requirements, ensuring data collection quality;
- Enter all field data into appropriate databases on an accurate and timely basis;
- Conduct regular monitoring visits and report back the progress;
- Contribute in organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Assist in analyzing MEAL data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation as necessary in a timely manner;
- Collect high-resolution and good quality photos of Acted project activities in the field, featuring donor, partner and Acted logos, and delivery photos to the MEAL Officer (in line with Acted’s Child Protection Policy and Photo Guidelines).
- Participate in MEAL-related meetings, workshops and any other meetings or conferences as required by the Country MEAL Officer.
- Ensure a commitment to gender equality and inclusion both within the organisation and through the design and execution of project activities
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor’s degree in NGO management, Sociology, Community development,political science or related field.
- At least 1 year of work experience in similar position in INGOs/NGOs.
- Previous experience with humaintrain field, Community development, economic/agricultural development and/or Participatory Appraisal methodology
- Good in time management, and ability to work under pressure
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge
- Willigness to work in the field (80% of the time).
- Good IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel, prefer to have knowledge in SPSS and in open-source softwares for collecting, managing, and using data (such as ODK or KoBo).
- Valid driving license, and comfortable for potential frequent travels in West Bank
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than September 5th, 2023 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (MEAL Assistant) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.