Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Position: MEAL Assistant/Full Time
Responsible To: MEAL Officer
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
The role of the MEAL Assistant is to support the MEAL Officer in implementation of systems to promote evidence-based decision-making and to ensure harmonized monitoring and evaluation (M&E) practices at the mission level. The position holder will support the design of MEAL tools in coordination with other departments, as well as data collection, management and reporting. This will involve: creating, developing, and supporting program teams to use appropriate tools to collect, aggregate and analyze data.
The tasks described in this job description are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the MEAL Assistant may be requested to perform further tasks related to his responsibilities.
- Adhere to SIF policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Support the development of MEAL systems, including procedures, guidelines and tools at the mission level.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development and logical framework design.
- Support the program teams in planning for and executing MEAL activities.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations and assessments; and also of monitoring data in program development, adjustment, or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through participating to specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports.
- Contribute effective knowledge sharing within the mission.
- Follow-up mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in the field with special focus on protection mainstreaming, gender, governance and child safeguarding.
- Support the MEAL officer to ensure project MEAL Plans are rolled-out at the field level in efficient and effective manner.
- Carry out field visits and collect and manage all requested project data as per project MEAL Plan.
- Ensure data entry as needed and carry out basic analytical tasks.
- Participate in organisation of initial kick-off meetings for each project.
- Participate to regular project reviews using the PMP Tool (activity, indicators, hypothesis and beneficiary follow-up).
- Participate to lessons learnt or action review workshops.
- Support programmes in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to development of Mission MEAL Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Contribute to project quality and accountability through field visits, providing support to programme team and promoting appropriate tools and mechanisms to enhance quality delivery of projects.
- Support project specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process.
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports.
- Support internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises.
- Implement feedback, suggestions and accountability mechanisms as per country specific SOPs.
- Provide timely information to country management team about risks related to the projects.
- Report performed activities and achievements to line supervisor.
- Participate in other M&E and communications initiatives as needed.
- Support the MEAL officer to ensure SIF reports timely relevant data to partners and within country coordination mechanisms for each project under his responsibility.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned by supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor degree in Economics, Political or Social Sciences, Quantitative or Statistical Analysis or other relevant degree;
- Minimum 2 years of experience relevant in the field of monitoring and evaluation;
- Eexperience in applied research in quantitative and qualitative fields including excellent command of sampling methods is an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Computer skills (MS Package), knowledge of statistical software and/or qualitative data management software will be an advantage;
- Experience with mobile data collection software (ODK, KoboCollect);
- Knowledge of GIS software is an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment
Submit a resume in English only (Word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position.
Deadline to apply is February 28th 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit by email only