Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH It)is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children against all forms of violence or abuse and guaranteeing their right to health, education and life. TDH It, which is part of the TDH International Federation, is currently workingin 20 countries worldwide, carrying out humanitarian interventions and development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, income generation, water and sanitation, child protection and rehabilitation, to the benefit of thousands of children, their families and communities. For additional information about the organization please visit www.terredeshommes.it
TDH It works in Palestine since 2000, and it has implemented several educational, health and psycho-social interventions together with its National Partners and with Local Authorities in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
As part of a newly launched initiative aimed at supporting and developing inclusive education policies, practice and culture in Awqaf schools and KGs in East Jerusalem, Terre des Hommes Italia is looking for a qualified professional to be hired for a period up to 3 years as M&E Officer.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for developing the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system, contributing to ensure the respect of the indicators and the achievements of the project objectives and results. She/he will work closely with the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator and the Inclusive Education technical staff, in order to implement efficient strategies facilitating the assessment of the progress and impact of the activities on the ground and allowing the Management to quickly re-adjust and ensure the delivering of high quality activities accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Project Manager (PM), the Inclusive Education Technical Advisors and the Project Coordinator (PC), set up a monitoring system and design the proper tools in order to measure the achievement of project results and objectives;
- Design the M&E Plan and ensure its implementation;
- Support TDH team in reviewing the project logical framework;
- Undertake regular field follow-up visits to support monitoring and evaluation process and promote accountability;
- Coordinate the collection and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative);
- Build the capacities and train the concerned staff on how use the MEAL system and tools in place;
- On time warn the PM about possible risks and share recommendations for timely improvement based on the analysis of the data previously collected;
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions together with the PM;
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluations and all other activity related to M&E such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, etc.
- Prepare clear data analysis reports including best practices and case studies;
- Prepare together with the Project Coordinator, monthly report on project progresses accordingly to the objectives planned;
- Contribute to develop, with the support of the technical team, appropriate accountability strategies/activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of response mechanisms to the targeted beneficiaries. Ensure that complaints/feedback are registered and addressed on time and in a professional way.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA in social sciences (Sociology, Statistics, Socio-Economy, etc.) or other relevant field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in M&E (prior working experience with INGOs is an asset);
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of project activities, data collection and analysis;
- Working experience in research methodology, sampling and managing statistical models;
- Demonstrated experience in collecting data through digital systems and good command of the software currently used;
- Knowledge on accountability initiatives, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms;
- Good knowledge of the project cycle management;
- Knowledge of GIS software is an asset;
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational goals of TDH It;
- Able to work in a team, well organized, flexible, open minded and highly motivated.
Language and Computer skills:
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English;
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access; SPSS; etc.)
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter (both in English), together with the contact details of at least two professional referenceswhich can be contacted immediately to [email protected] indicating as subject PAL-MEO-2019
All applications must be received no later than Saturday, 3rd November 2019
TDH It is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will receive less favorable treatment on grounds of gender, race, nationality, color, ethnic origin, sexuality, class, disability, health status, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion or belief, and age.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Pre-selected candidates are asked to avail themselves for an interview, which will take place in Jerusalem between November 10thand 14th, 2019.