Rights Respected, People Protected
“A seven-year-old child in Gaza has already witnessed three wars in their lifetime. This is unacceptable.”
Jan Egeland, NRC’s Secretary General
Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. We protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement in Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights and improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities. We support the provision of quality education, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We also advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally.
Role Specific Information
The role of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is to establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The M&E Officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness. The M&E Officer is also responsible for carrying out all M and E activities in the West Bank/Gaza program, in liaison with staff from different NRC Core Competencies in West Bank/Gaza.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated M&E activities according to the agreed workplan
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Support the country strategy process and the development of M&E strategy.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Support M&E Coordinator in developing a country M and E plan for NRC Palestine.
- Design and develop M and E framework, tools and systems for WB programs in compliance with NRC M&E standards.
- Develop projects’ logframe together with project teams.
- Ensure that NRC grants are following NRC guidance and standards in data management and archiving.
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of NRC policy on confidentiality and consent.
- Provide support to any external evaluation.
- Carry out internal evaluations and baseline studies of programs’ activities and quarterly reviews with guidance and support from the M&E coordinator.
- Provide all necessary and accurate M&E data and analysis for internal and external reporting in a timely manner.
- Provide trainings to programme staff on M and E tools, data entry, data collection and reporting.
- Ensure data’s accuracy and validation
- Conduct regular field visits and spot checks to the projects’ activities and report to the ME Coordinator, Head of Operations, Project Development Manager on main observations
- Support the development of a CBFM and ensure that all projects have a functioning CBFM in place.
- Ensure that projects’ learning is recorded and capitalised in future projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
If You are interested to witness and to analyse the impact of our programmes on our Beneficiaries, apply Today. We are looking for a university graduate in Information management, Finance or relevant field with a minimum of 3 years previous experience in M&E. Working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East. Proven Quantitative or Statistical Analysis with Computer literacy. Fluency in Arabic and Very Good knowledge of English.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Contract period:1 Year Renewable basis.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Start Date: Jan / Feb 1st, 2019
To know more about the position, please read the attached Job Description
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
Related documentsJob Description
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة