Rights Respected, People Protected
“A seven-year-old child in Gaza has already witnessed three wars in their lifetime. This is unacceptable.”
Jan Egeland, NRC’s Secretary General
Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. We protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement in Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights and improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities. We support the provision of quality education, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We also advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally.
Role Specific Information
The Logistics Technical Officer will be responsible for acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of the requirements at the field level..She/he will ensure NRC Jerusalem programme complies with NRC’s internal policies and donor regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Logistics/Procurement strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Support line manager in procedures and require support team trainings
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, cost-efficient products including:
- Develop and manage master procurement plan in coordination with all relevant staff; Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Review all the received procurement request ensuring clarity of the required goods or services, accuracy of the coding, and if there is any specific donor requirement.
- Facilitate all procurement and tender committee meetings and coordinate with all relevant departments to establish each one
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships following NRC standards
- Responsible for the maintenance of the contracts register to accurately record the status of contracts with suppliers and service providers.
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
- Ensure that procured and received goods are readily available to program and support departments according to requirements.
- Coordinating closely with the Finance department to ensure timely payment of suppliers.
2. Responsible for establishing preferred vendor listing following a competitive bidding process and market surveys, review and update the supplier database sheet
3. Representing NRC with external parties such supplier, consulting firms and vendors.
4. Establish framework agreements to be able to response within the best time for all the required procurement activities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a highly motivated professional individual to join our Jerusalem Office operations. The ideal candidate must have minimum of 3 of experience with working in the Logistics function in a humanitarian/ recovery context with a Bachelors Degree in a relevant field.
We are particularly looking for an individual who is knowledgeable with the context of Palestine , who has strong communication and interpersonal skills, and has the ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment. The candidate must be familiar with procedures on stock management and Logistics Procedures.
Contract period:Open ended Contract
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Start Date: January/February 2019
To read and understand the role more, please have a look on the attached Job desciption
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
Related documentsJob Description
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة