I- Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
II- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Logistics Officer for its operations.
“ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.”
- Supply chain management
- Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario.
- For any procurement, guarantee the compliance of the supplier selection & related documentation as per ACTED & donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Build the sourcing capacity in the country and in the region, and maintain a supplier database
- Coordinate the procurement cycle across the country with all stakeholders (program, finance, coordination, suppliers, etc.) from the planning stage, to contract signature until delivery completion; the Senior CLM is in particular arranging Procurement Committee sessions.
- Ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as fuel, stationery, transportation means, etc. through framework contracts in particular.
- Manage traceability & reconciliation between orders, contracts & deliveries, and liaise with finance for problem solving.
- Stocks & deliveries:
- Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards across the country
- Identify & settle warehouses/storage space based on
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured as per
- Coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem
- Maintain a regular information across teams about stock levels & expected lead-times.
- Manage periodic inventories, stock clearance and investigations over
- Transversal logistical management
- Fleet & transportation:
- Deploy efficient transportation means across the country
- Anticipate vehicles needs and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly.
- Maintain efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Identify reliable external transportation companies.
- Control & optimize fleet costs.
- Coordinate an efficient maintenance framework across the country (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs).
- Ensure administrative requirements are met toward customs and any other local authority when transporting goods/staff.
- Organize regular drivers training and refreshers.
Manage fuel supply across the country; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks, including quality requirements.
- Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country
- Anticipate needs for assets and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly;
- Maintain an up-to-date asset inventory, including proper asset labelling; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Manage random asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability, and take the needed corrective actions.
- Manage asset maintenance plans, control & optimize related costs.
- Organize regular staff trainings and refreshers (right use of computers & radios, installation & use of generators, etc);
- Manage assets donations, obsolescence & replacements over the time in compliance with internal & external regulations.
- Ensure proper environment for warehouses, at all times, by maintaining an efficient general services approach
- Identify & settle warehouses based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with Country Director and Country Finance Manager.
- Coordinate monthly inventories of stock.
- Ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in warehouses.
- Communications & IT management:
- Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on ACTED global standards.
- Anticipate communication & IT needs and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets
- Control & optimize communication & IT
- Ensure administrative requirements are met toward local authorities for communication means in
- Ensure monthly data back-up (server, computers local data, emails, ).
- Guarantee that IT security standards are applied, and lead crisis management in country in close liaison with HQ if required.
- Organize IT staff regular training & refreshers.
- Compliance & transparency
- Ensure ACTED logistics manual is applied across the country and donors’ specific requirements for logistics & procurement are
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to ACTED Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud
- Coordinate logistics TITANIC reporting on a monthly basis, and ensure checking the reliability & relevance of data
- Organize regular field visits
- Organize regular logistics staff training & refreshers internally about ACTED procedures, lessons learnt, FAQ, etc. across workshops or field
- Capitalize on lessons learnt through memos, training module, etc. for continuous improvements of logistics compliance in
- Follow-up & update internal & external audit report for logistics.
- Ensure a timely and accurate logistics document flow in liaison with other FLAT
- Ensure all necessary logistics documents are scanned and archived in accordance to ACTED’s procedures.
- Contribution to safety & security management
- Coordinate with ACTED’s Security Adviser and Country Director to ensure access have safe access to the field including obtaining advise from Security Adviser prior to field movements
- Coordinate with ACTED’s Security Adviser for the carrying out of security assessments of new ACTED facilities, ensure a standard level of facilities protection, and supervise
- Update the organigram of the logistics department according to the mission development;
- Plan & conduct logistics staff recruitments & appraisals; train & build capacities of logistics staff in country; identify staff with potential, and contribute to internal mobility strategy;
- Always actively promote strong & structured articulations with all teams for all logistics operations (program & finance in particular).
- Manage Implementing Partners relationship on logistics aspects such as procurement, stock & asset management, logistics reporting. In particular, ensure the timely & exhaustive review of IPs logistics documentation.
- Represent ACTED with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
- Actively participate in country level coordination meetings by reporting on progress, and risks.
- Contribute to donor proposals, budgets and reports.
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
- Ensuring a commitment to gender equality and inclusion both within the organisation and throughout the design and execution of project activities;
- Ability to create an atmosphere where SEAH is not permitted including reminding staff that the organisation takes PSEA seriously, addressing PSEA during meetings, briefings etc and have strong self-positioning on the issue;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other related field
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in similar position from respectable INGOs, other non-profit organizations or private sector.
- Team management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, proven track record working with Palestinian suppliers .
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, excellent communcation, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills.
- Valid driving license, and comfortable for potential frequent travels in West Bank
- Ability to travel to Gaza.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel.
I- Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than January 1st, 2023 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Logistics Officer) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.