Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
The Logistics Assistant will be part of the Logistics Team and under the supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator and will support in the implementation of the projects and in the daily running of logistic requirements within the Ramallah office.
The Logistics Assistant will be requested to perform the tasks related to his/her responsibilities
OBJECTIVE # 1: SUPPORT THE PLC IN LOGISTICS & PROCUREMENT
- Responsible for keeping in accurate and optimum condition the Logistics’ office:
- All logistic files up to date and in good order.
- All logistic documents in their correct place.
- Perform procurement tasks, as designated by the PLC and under SIF procurement regulations and procedures,
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned (photocopying, distribution of letters etc.)
- Prepare RFQ and collect quotations as delegated by PLC,
- Collect technical information from partners or contractors,
- Maintain contact lists up to date,
- Resume minutes of meetings related to logistics,
- Send and receive faxes (keeping an updated file of all correspondence sent and received), related to logistics,
- Support the PLC in tracking SIF assets to insure that the list up to date in regular bases,
- Register new assets & inventories, and keep the hard copies in a safe place,
- Collect invoices, source of deduction and receipts from suppliers/contractors and prepare the payment request,
- Participate in the physical inspection and monitoring process for commodities and supplies,
- Represent the PLC in some meeting with partners or contractors if needed,
- Liaise with suppliers to collect quotations and samples, verify packaging and product quality and ensure timely delivery of ordered items,
- Carry out administrative or basic maintenance tasks within the office as requested,
- Fill the Comparative bid analysis, and submit to PLC;
- Check the samples according to the specifications requirements upon delivery;
- Prepare reports and monitor expenditure as appropriate
- Reconstruct some procedures related to drivers and their tasks
- Help automating some of procurement task by building the necessary database under the supervision of department coordinator (e.g. vehicles log sheet, procurements stages, inventory and assets, IT…).
- Carry out any other logistic related tasks as defined by PLC and / or other management team members.
OBJECTIVE # 2: ORGANIZE & FOLLOW UP MISSION TRANSPORTATION, FLEET MANAGEMENT & VEHICLES
- Implement the country’s circulation rules;
- Coordinate with other department to build a travel schedule by weekly.
- Daily follow up for planned travel schedule.
- Build reports regarding travel schedules’ status upon PLC request.
- Follow up his/her supervisor’s planning and instructions regarding the movements of SIF vehicles;
- Implement the Security Protocol of the mission in case of car or security incident while performing his/her tasks;
- Follow up security procedures at checkpoints and when travelling in convoy;
- Ensure the transportation mission’ s supplies;
- Collect items related to program procurement and delivery ;
- Ensure that the car has the appropriate documentation to travel.
- Follow up and report to the PLC on all vehicles status (insurance, registration, license …)
- Ordinary and extraordinary technical maintenance of the vehicles;
- Ensure radio/phone communications;
- Follow up of the fuel consumption, keeping written records system during and outside his/her shift;
- Keep written records and documentation regarding the maintenance of the vehicle check the security books. Reporting on the maintenance’s costs and the needs for extraordinary repairs;
- Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit).
- Drive the mission’s vehicle with the team when needed.
OBJECTIVE # 3: FOLLOW UP WITH THE MAINTENANCE OF THE MISSION EQUIPMENT’S & NETWORK
- Follow-up of the equipment of the mission, its maintenance and traceability;
- Ensure and follow up of the existent stock under the supervision of the PLC,
- Notify the PLC if any asset of the mission is missing.
- Collect, register IT support requests from departments.
- Coordinate with IT Support Company to ensure all devices under employees’ usage is in the best condition and working regularly.
- Provide support and technical troubleshooting if needed, to solve unresolved issue by IT Support Company and provide IT support if issue is urgent.
- Providing consultancy to PLC regarding subscriptions (Internet, support services … etc.).
- Providing consultancy to PLC regarding quality of office and desk’s equipment (PC, Photocopiers, servers, networks …etc.)
- Coordinate with the driver/ office assistant in order to maintain a neat and clean office
OBJECTIVE # 4: MANAGE & SUPERVISE THE MISSION DRIVERS & OFFICE ASSISTANT
- Participate to the recruitment of the newly employees under the guidance of the Logistics Coordinator,
- Plan and organize the team work of the team,
- Capacity building of the team if needed,
- Proposing trainings and workshops,
- Evaluations of the team on a regular base.
- Engaged in the selection process and preparing questions, marking and choosing newly employee.
This list is not limited; the employee may be required to perform any other task necessary and compatible with its functions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Experience in working for INGOs,
- Minimum 3 year of relevant experience in logistics field,
- Familiar with vehicles’ maintenance, warehousing and organization of supplies,
- Ability to undertake regular travel to program sites in West Bank,
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of a team, in a supporting role,
- Valid drivers’ license with excellent driving skills,
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to detail,
- Experience in working in stressful, volatile context with fragile security conditions,
- Very good command of English and Arabic language (spoken and written),
- Very good command of computer skills, and ability to write narrative reports in English,
- Flexibility in working schedule,
- Commitment to the SIF’s values and scope.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include the exact name of the position. Deadline to apply is July 9, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.