Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children against all forms of violence or abuse and guaranteeing their right to health, education and life. TDH IT, which is part of the TDH International Federation, is currently working in 20 countries worldwide, carrying out humanitarian interventions and development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, income generation, water and sanitation, child protection and rehabilitation, to the benefit of thousands of children, their families and communities. For additional information about the organization please visit www.terredeshommes.it
TDH IT works in Palestine since 2000 and it has implemented several educational, health and psycho-social interventions together with its National Partners and with Local Authorities in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
Within the frame of its activities, TDH IT is looking for a qualified professional to be hired as Logistician/Driver.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Procurement: purchasing goods and services, liaising with suppliers, ensuring delivering/distribution, etc.; conducting market surveys
- Ensuring compliance to TDH IT logistics and procurement procedures and to donors’ requirements
- Providing efficient and appropriate technical support and follow up on all matters pertaining to equipment, IT and fleet management
- Regularly updating TDH IT inventory and managing the stock
- Coordinating staff movements and driving the team members when needed
- Overseeing the maintenance of TdH IT premises and ensuring the payment of bills of services and utilities
- Supporting the Project Manager in the management of security and staff safety.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional technical degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant experience (work experience with INGOs is an asset, previous experience with TDH IT is a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills, precision, rapidity, reliability and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to network and negotiate and to work as part of a team
- Sound organizational, problem solving and wide-ranging technical skills
- Availability to move within the West Bank and East Jerusalem
- Valid Israeli driving license (for stick shift cars mandatory) obtained from at least 1 year
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational goals of TDH It.
Language and Computer skills:
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and good command of written and spoken English. Basic knowledge of Hebrew is an asset
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
TDH IT is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will receive less favorable treatment on grounds of gender, race, nationality, color, ethnic origin, sexuality, class, disability, health status, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion or belief, and age.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter in English to [email protected], indicating as subject “PAL-LOG-2021”.
All applications must be received no later than Thursday 25th February 2021.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Pre-selected candidates are asked to avail themselves for an interview, which will take place in Jerusalem between 1st - 4th March 2021.