Position : Logistician
Salary range: up to 4856 ILS
Location: Based in Gaza
Responsible to: Logistics Officer
Closing date: 7 September, 2021
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion- HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Gaza Logisitics Officer , the logistician will provide comprehensive and efficient support to the logistics department
Responsibility 1: Provide General support to the logistics department
- Respect HI purchase procedures in the mission when processing procurement requests.
- Assist in the supply of materials/ services for HI projects in the site.
- Assist the Logistics Officer to organize the different stages of the local and regional purchasing of goods and services: market surveys, quotations, pro forma requests, ordering, receipt, conformity checks, and organize necessary transportation (mode, packaging, planning and monitoring of dispatches, customs, tax exemptions, reception, payments…).
- Follow up the site purchase files archiving and ensure it’s up to date according to HI rules.
- Assist in entering data on (PMC, VMC, Taxi Sheet and Driver Sheet).
- Ensure the suppliers database up-to-date corresponding to HI’s needs and criteria (Quality, price, service and ethics).
- Follow up the office running costs / suppliers payments.
Responsibility 2: Fleet Management.
- Responsible of the maintenance and the check-up off the vehicles by ensuring proper day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements of major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, re-fuel, etc.….
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the basics rules of passive security are respected (e.g. cleanliness, order, access to extinguishers and access to exist.)
- Ensure cost-saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Every Thursday afternoon follow up the filling of gasoline for every vehicle to be used during the week end
- Every month, organize a complete check-up of the cars at the rental company
- Follow up and check the administrative tools (cars documentation, log book, weekly checking…)
- Ensure the availability of all required documents and supplies including: vehicle license, insurance, vehicle logs, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensure the vehicle kit is complete.
- Assist in all the issues linked to the rental of cars: market survey, contracts, and insurance and maintenance costs charged by the rental company.
- File all vehicles related documents and charts.
Responsibility 3: Carry Out Driving Duties
- Pick up and drop HI's employees and guests
- Respect the rules governing the use of vehicle
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvements in accidents.
- Ensure that all safety equipment and driving documents are available prior to each trip
- Observing safe driving practices and respecting speed limits as required within the driving rules
- Report to the line manager any security event occurred or heard during the field work
- Drives HI employees to their appointments, field work sites, and various locations as per the assignments received from the Log Officer.
- Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Presents safety briefing to passengers (visitors) prior to each trip departure.
OTHER TASK REQUIRED:
- Assist the line manager in any other tasks that may not be described in the job description and participate to the achievement of the settled objectives within the individual action plan
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- A relevant degree, Business Administration or Supply Management is preferable.
- Good technical skills in mechanics and/or IT
- Previous experience in INGO (From 2-3 years in the logistics field)
- Strong Experience in local market and in different sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good Analytical skills
- Decision maker contributor
- Good English Language
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong information technology skills, including proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Experience in Logistics & procurement
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 3 months, renewable upon availability of funds
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
المسمى الوظيفي Logistician
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Sep - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب 4856 ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before September 7, 2021 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Logistician) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Architect Engineer – Service Provider
رام الله والبيرة
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
Inclusion Technical Officer
Organizational Development Consultant
Economic Support Technical Officer