Position: Junior Project Officer
Contract duration: 6 months Renewable (3 months probation)
Location: Jerusalem / Palestine, with frequent visits to Ramallah
Starting Date ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-oriented working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Junior Project Officerfor its humanitarian operations in Palestine.
The Junior project officer is in charge of timely implementation of the project action plan decided by and under the full supervision of the emergency project manager
Ensure the implementation of emergency responses
- Visit households affected by an incident and eligible for assessment, and fill in the related assessment form (which includes a risk analysis).
- Coordinate and maintain continuous relations with local authorities, stakeholders and UN bodies, in order to inform more accurate decision making processes and contribute to more efficient work.
- Advise the project manager on any discrepancies between ACTED’s and OCHA’s assessments.
- Advise the Information Management Officer on legal referrals to be sent.
- Propose adequate responses to the project manager, following ACTED’s Handbook.
- Coordinate effectively with the Logistics and Finance departments.
- Coordinate with the suppliers, beneficiaries and partner NGOs to ensure a rapid and efficient delivery / installation, trying to mitigate field risks.
- Ensure a proper delivery and installation of the agreed material items / cash grants to the agreed locations, and confirm that the assistance meets the agreed contract specifications. Ensure an efficient use of resources.
- Make sure that outstanding needs are referred as soon as possible to the information management officer.
- Produce first drafts of incident reports, when an incident report is needed.
- Update daily the emergency project manager about the situation of the ongoing activities.
- When requested, participate to visits/meetings with donors, clusters, partners and/or stakeholders, complying fully with ACTED standards and principles.
- Report to the project manager and logistics officer any threat/ harassment/ particular risk faced in the field.
- Attend the weekly emergency meetings, and the monthly coordination meetings.
- Given the emergency nature of the work, show flexibility to the needs of the organization.
- Report any complaint raised by beneficiaries through the agreed mechanism.
- Contribute to program improvement by making suggestions to the AME team and the Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Emergency Project Manager or the Country Director
Produce an organized documentation and filing:
- Produce soft and hard copy organized filing for all forms or reports submitted, with proper naming and avoiding duplications.
- Timely fill in the online tracking system, shared with the information management officer. Update the Information Management Officer and the Emergency project manager if relevant on any information that should be added to the tracker/database/ management tools.
- When requested (always for external meetings), submit timely reports/minutes to the Emergency Project Manager (also the Country director, for external meetings).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or any relevant education to humanitarian field.
- At least two years’ experience in field work, especially emergency humanitarian responses
- Previous knowledge of AREA C context
- Proven experience working with NGOs, INGOs
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work extra hours, organize work and to meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, excellent communcation, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Ability to drive in Jerusalem (Jerusalem ID holder).
- Valid driving license with a good driving record.
- Over 24 years old.
المسمى الوظيفي Junior Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 06 - Jun - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested candidates are invited to send CV, Cover letter and three references (in English) no later than June 6th, 2020 to: ([email protected]), indicating the position (Junior Project Officer) in the subject line.
The selection committee will review all applications as they are received.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be received.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة ACTED NGO
رام الله والبيرة
Senior Logistics Officer
رام الله والبيرة
30, Dec, 2019
Project Technical Assistant
29, Dec, 2019
رام الله والبيرة
23, Dec, 2019
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
17, Nov, 2019