The Small Enterprise Center (SEC) Association is a Palestinian nonprofit organization provides an integrated package of innovative business development services consisting of, but not limited to, institutional capability building and strengthening initiatives, human resource training and development, SME banking, grant management, research and development, and lending and microfinance advisory services. SEC started as a project within the framework of former GIZ Private Sector Development Project in2002. In 2008, SEC has become an independent not-for-profit organization governed by Palestinian NGO law with a board of directors and a general assembly. SEC began with an office in Ramallah with six staff members, and has grown to the leading national organization serving the SMEs and the private sector in Palestine.
Position: Junior Business Development Specialist.
Work location: Ramallah
Type of Contract: Full time
Starting Date: July 2018
Duties & Responsibilities
The business development specialist will join the SEC team and focus on providing professional technical assistant to the SMEs and entrepreneurs in Palestine. The business development specialist will be responsible for the followings:
- Support SEC staff in providing technical assistant to the SMEs and entrepreneurs to enhance their performance and growth through out delivering coaching services, business diagnosis, and customized training courses based on their needs
- Support in developing feasibility studies and business plans for the entrepreneurs and SMEs
- Manage professional relationship with stakeholders including the beneficiaries, partners, donors agencies and ensure successful business communication
- Participate in SEC events, workshops, and partners events and workshops
- Provide customized training and coaching when needed for SMEs, entrepreneurs, cooperatives, women groups, etc.
- Support in conducting assessment and impact evaluation for the projects performed by SEC
- Prepare activity reports on regular basis
- Provide feedback to supervisor for beneficiaries requests
- Any other related activities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in working in private sector or related sector
- Highly proficient with needed skills and tools that are needed to deliver quality services to SMEs and other stakeholders
- Experience with business plan development
- Experience in providing coaching and training in business fields
- Bachelor’s degree in in business administration, social sciences, or any other related fields
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Problem solving skills, flexible attitude, resourceful and effective in making decisions
- The position requires business trips.
- Minimum of two-year experience in related fields
- Computer skills: sound knowledge of standard software (mainly MS Office)
- Very Good Command in both English and Arabic, for oral and written communication.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to travel to other cities within the West Bank as needed.
To Apply: Please send detailed C.V with cover letter under the subject: Business Development Specialist to Email:
Only shortlisted candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for Technical exam and short –listed interview.
The Deadline for application is 4th July 2018.
SEC is an equal opportunity employer: applications from men and women will be considered equally.