The Palestine Liberation Organization for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Health System Resiliency Strengthening Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for consulting services to be procured under this project.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the selection of a qualified and experienced Israeli Hospital Coordinator to work with the Services Purchasing Unit (SPU). The Israeli Hospital Coordinator will be responsible of all coordination necessary regarding the treatment of the patient referred to an Israeli service provider. Coordinate and manage the referral applications that the SPU receives from the RRCs and reviewed by medical reviewers and approved to be treated in one of the Israeli contracted hospitals. Responsibility includes the correct assigning of DRG (a diagnosis code), coordinate with facility to refer the patient and revision of all invoices from Israeli health facilities against the referral authorization
The Ministry of Health/Project Management Unit invites eligible qualified individual consultants to provide information indicating their: qualifications, experience and appropriate skills to perform the services. The main qualifications of the consultant are as follows:
- First degree in medical or public health degree.
- Minimum two years of experience in managing medical transfers or manage medical files or health insurance (Case Management).preferably with Israeli sick funds or within the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
- Other basic knowledge, capacities and skills:
- English Language.
- Advanced course in Hebrew.
- Knowledge of referral guidelines and processes related to service purchase unit systems.
- Ability to assess medical records and documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of clinical guidelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English and Hebrew.
- Knowledge of Israeli DRG codes and their application
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large work volumes in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate with and support other team members
- Proficiency in using computer and electronic databases.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet performance expectations
- Excellent skills of observation, deduction and induction
The contract will be a Time-Based contract for twelve (12) months to be renewed based on the performance evaluation and availability of fund.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM from Sunday to Thursday .Expressions of interest must be delivered to the e-mail below by 16/8/2018: