REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Name of Project: Improving Early Childhood Development in the West Bank and Gaza
Assignment Title: National ECD expert for stocktaking of available ECD resources and materials in West Bank & Gaza and the MENA region
Reference No.: MOH-WB/ECD-CS7
The Ministry of Health has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Improving Early Childhood Development in the West Bank and Gaza Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services include the following tasks:
Task 1. Take stock of the following (through desk review and follow up with local and regional agencies working on ECD):
- Parenting resources and messages developed in and/or locally adapted to the Palestinian and MENA contexts. These include resources and messages developed/adapted by public entities, as well as local and international organizations in English and/or Arabic.
- Parenting programs, interventions, and initiatives previously implemented or currently being implemented in Palestine and/or the MENA region in English and/or Arabic.
- Websites, Facebook pages, Instagram pages, YouTube channels, and other online sites designed to share information on good parenting in Palestine and/or the MENA region in English and/or Arabic.
Task 2. Organize the identified resources, programs and online sites from Task 1 by:
- Thematic coverage: The domains of the nurturing care framework (good health, adequate nutrition, responsive caregiving, safety and security, opportunities for early learning) that the specific resource covers
- Children’s age-group: The specific age-group that the resource/message covers.
- Target caregiver: The type of provider (mothers, fathers, grandparents, other family member, etc.) that the resource is specifically designed for.
- Delivery modality: Where and how the resource/message is designed to be delivered (for example, during prenatal visits at primary healthcare centers, as part of home visits conducted by social workers, during interactions between nursery staff and parents, etc.)
- Local adaptation: Has the resource been adapted to the context in which it was delivered, or was it taken from another context? If it is the latter, specify which country/context.
Previous/ Current use:
- How and by whom was/is this resource being used?
- Specify the geographic and sample coverage (e.g., in 50 PHCs in Hebron, or in 20 nurseries in Jenin)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) can be can be obtained at the address given below.
The consultancy assignment is expected to take place during February 2023 - March 2023 and will require 30 working days.
The Ministry of Health now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Experience in health promotion education, Knowledge and experience in ECD in local and regional contexts, and Experience in working with international and/or national organizations working on ECD.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (by e-mail) by COB February 28th, 2023.
Ministry of Health
World Bank Projects Management Unit
E-mail: [email protected]