Shiam-Youth Make the Future, is a Palestinian locally registered non-governmental, non-profit organization that aims to spread the principles of good citizenry, human values, gender equality and mainstreaming, democracy and good governance among Palestinian youth. Shiam is the spinoff organization of the internationally recognized Palestinian Youth Local Councils (YLCs) program initiated by Global Communities in 2008 to develop youth as accountable leaders’ who believe in and practice democracy, good governance, equality, humanity and their own agency to effect positive change in their society. Shiam is seeking a qualified, innovative, committed and motivated candidate to join our team and fill in the following internship position:
Position: Intern/Proposal Writing and Fundraising
- Assist in the research and identification of potential grants providers
- Assist with writing and editing of proposals for grants’ applications
- Retrieve and assemble background information for grant proposals
- Assist in tracking the grants process by maintaining files and other administrative tasks
- Comply with all provided grants reporting as required by foundations/corporate donors
- Participate in community outreach and networking events
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills in the English language
- Possess strong personal integrity and good ethics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to write clear, structured, and persuasive proposals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English, Native English speaking interns are encouraged to apply. Basic Arabic skills a plus.
To apply for the position listed above, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Monday November 11, 2019, indicating the position title you are applying for. Shiam is an equal opportunity employer.