REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Individual Consultant Services - West Bank (WB)
Forming Democratically Elected Youth Local Councils with Equal Female and Male Participation
locally registered non-profit organization that aim to spread principles of good citizenry,
democracy and good governance among youth.
With funding provided by Canada Feminist Fund (CFF)
Shiam invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing
Specialized Training and Coaching for the Development of Two Women-Led Youth Local Councils Members in Jenin & Tulkarm
The goal of the project is to design and institute two women-led youth local councils (YLCs) in Jenin and Tulkarem. The project approach is built on direct engagement of women and youth in local governance and community development and outreach activities. It builds on an adaptation of the Youth Local Councils (YLCs) model of youth engagement in Local Governance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of Shiam and its partners, the consultant is required but not limited to:
- Design training material (in Arabic) with close coordination with the team leader.
- Conduct pieces of training depending on the agreed upon topics (eg; Election training, design thinking, democratic practices, good citizenry, voluntarism, and good governance principles, equal gender opportunities, developing initiatives & campaign, how to run the YLCs, Networking, leadership, communication, planning, project management, financial management, fundraising, and any other needed skills).
- Coordinate with the local partners in Jenin and Tulkarem.
- Follow up with both councils in regards to implementing their awareness campaigns after the completion of the training.
- Conduct pre- and post-evaluation training.
Expected Duration of Assignment is March 2020 – October 2020
Further information can be obtained from Shiam office at the address below, from 8:30AM to 3:00 PM Jerusalem time.
Deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest by 27 February 2020 at 15:00 o’clock.
* In case of submission by email, it is required to add in the subject line: “EOI # CFF-SSA-20-001
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing similar trainings.
- Minimum B.A. degree in Civic Engagement or Business Administration or in a relevant discipline.
- Expertise in using practical and theoretical approaches in training delivery.
- Excellent command of English & Arabic.
- Excellent Facilitation and Communication skills.
- Creativity and thinking outside of the box.
Interested individual consultants must request the standard expression of interest forms including detailed statement of work & standard submission forms by emailing: [email protected] indicating in the subject line “EOI # CFF-SSA-20-001