Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the programme “Strengthening the Influence of Palestinian Refugees on their Living Conditions” (PART) as part of the regional programme Supporting Palestinian Refugees (SPR), Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to supporting the United Nations Works and Relief Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) and other partners in Lebanon, Jordan, Gaza and the West Bank. The objective of PART is as follows: The exertion of influence of Palestinian refugees for improving their living conditions in a protracted violent conflict has increased on individual and structural level. PART pursues a multi-level approach: consultancy to UNRWA and institutions of the host governments regarding reform processes and regional networking; support of national non-governmental organizations (NGO) with regard to setting up network structures (e.g. youth platforms); support of the exchange between the camps and the transfer of knowledge between community-based organisations (CBO).
In order to support the Programme Team in West Bank, we are looking for an Intern:
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and assisting in preparing and conducting program activities.
- Elaborating communication materials and presentations for PART.
- Assisting with general project activities including preparation, organization, evaluation and documentation of workshops.
- Supporting administration team with sending files to Germany, logistics and travel management.
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Supporting PART in assessing project impact and measuring programme indicator.
- Supporting the elaboration of a reference handbook on key concepts and approach of PART.
- Supporting the team in the running projects with direct implementation.
- Supporting the administrative officer in preparing FASPAR files for shipping to Germany.
- Supporting the administrative Officer in logistics preparations and travel management for planned events, workshops, meetings and regional team building.
- Supporting administration team in their daily work
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Enrolled student or recent graduate in Political Science, Social Science or related field.
- Background in project management is a plus.
- Fluent in English, Arabic an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with people.
- Familiar with marginalized communities and refugee camps.
Assignment: Starting 1st of July 2019 for 3 months’ internship.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 20th of May 2019
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship - PART”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
***Attachments: GIZ applicant information form