Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
The Information Management Officer ensures the use of data management tools on the project(s) and/or in the geographical area(s) of intervention to which he/she is assigned, as defined in the data management system framework established by the Senior IM Officer or otherwise by the Regional/Standalone MEAL Manager. He or she controls the quality of the different data transiting the system.
Mission 1 : Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Contributes to the development of tools
- Participates in the development of data collection forms (paper or mobile data collection (MDC));
- Creates the corresponding databases;
- Carries out tests on the input and extraction of data.
Responsibility 2: Supervises (or carries out) data inputting
- Trains and supports the teams responsible for inputting data from paper forms into the database (in the case of paper data collection) or the field teams in charge of the day-to-day use of MDC tools when available;
- Ensures that the data in the database is up-to-date or regularly synchronised;
- Inputs data, if the organisation requires.
Responsibility 3: Carries our data processing and cleaning
- . Centralises information and compiles the updated version of the database;
- Sets up and runs a regular series of tests to check the quality of the data and identify potential errors;
- Takes appropriate action to correct or neutralise identified errors;
- Develops mechanisms to automate quality testing as much as possible;
- Performs regular or on-demand data extractions;
- Puts simple calculations in place on the database to perform first level analyses or prepares more complex analyses.
Responsibility 4: Archives the databases
- During the course of the project, makes regular backups and archives the intermediate versions of the databases;
- At the end of the project, prepares and archives the final version of the databases and deletes the intermediary versions in the different storage spaces
Responsibility 5: Identifies measures to improve data quality
- In conjunction with the project teams and the MEAL teams, proposes measures to improve data quality.
- Monitors and alerts if errors occur during a data collection exercise so that corrective action can be taken and future errors limited.
Mission 2 : Emergency preparedness and response
Contributes to the programme’s emergency preparedness actions and, in an emergency, adapts his or her working methods to contribute to an effective humanitarian approach by HI
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The successful candidate should at least have:
- Bachelor Degree in the field of IT or Computer Sciences
- 2 years of experience in Information Management
- Fluent in English
- Analytical skills and Advanced Excel
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, qualitative analysis
- Experience in statistical analysis and data visualisation
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to support and train
- Good knowledge in MS Office and Cllaborative tools
المسمى الوظيفي Information Management Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Nov - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب 5557 ILS - 6761 - ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف تكنولوجيا المعلومات
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year, renewable and the position is based in Gaza with frequent movement to the Ramallah site.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates can send their resume with a cover letter to reach on or before the 8th of November 2022, to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Information Management Officer) in the subject line in your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Regional Economic Inclusion Specialist
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
Early Child Development Technical Officer Level 2
Early Child Development Technical Officer Level 1
Livelihood Technical Officer - Level 2
Education Technical Officer
Reconstruction & Accessibility Technical Officer
Rehabilitation Technical Officer