Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
In collaboration with the Programme Humanitarian Access & Security Manager (HASM), the role of the HAS Senior Officer is to help ensure the security of HI’s personnel and property and develop HI’s access to vulnerable populations to the greatest extent possible in his or her geographical area of intervention.
Mission 1: STANDARDS AND EXPERTISE
- Supports the development, updating and implementation of HI’s security system in the country / geographical area (procedures, documents and tools);
- Ensures the implementation of HI's security policy, operational guide and the new security guidelines issued by headquarters;
- Develops a learning system based on experience gained and lessons learned in the country or geographical area.
Mission 2: OPERATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION
Responsibility 2-1: Strengthening the acceptance of HI’s programme in the country / geographical area
- Monitors and analyses the local, regional, national and supranational context;
- Develops the network by supporting the diversification of sources of information and capitalising on information from key contacts;
- Strengthens the level of acceptance of HI to whatever extent necessary in the different areas of intervention.
Responsibility 2-2: Operational security management
- Produces security analyses and recommendations; takes part in the planning of operations and the resulting security framework;
- Provides advice and guidance on evolving security risks, resource requirements, security frameworks and documents, strategies and good practice-sharing for the security management of HI activities in the country/area, including input necessary; for the definition of future project proposals;
- Makes regular visits to the field to conduct security assessments and support the offices in the provinces;
- Ensures good internal coordination in all matters relating to security, particularly with Operations and Logistics on safety aspects;
- Participates in the management of incidents/crises: analysis, technical support, recommendations, implementation, reporting, lessons learned, adjustments to frameworks, etc.
- Has an alert and checks & balances role in the monitoring and management of security.
Responsibility 2-3: Humanitarian access
- Analyses the humanitarian context on an ongoing basis, identifying obstacles to access, opportunities for improvement, and key players;
- Supports the Programme HAS Manager with the implementation of a specific strategy to improve humanitarian access
- contacting and conducting negotiations with the authorities and key players;
- preparing exploratory visits and the opening of new geographical areas.
Responsibility 2-4: Capacity-building and training in security and access
- Ensures the training and ongoing capacity-building of staff in charge of security;
- Develops a security management culture in the country / geographical area;
- Inducts new arrivals;
- Produces regular security updates for all staff in the country/ geographical area;
- Facilitates internal coordination with all the services concerned (information sharing, bilateral meetings, etc.)
Responsibility 2-5: Emergency preparedness
- Contributes the programme’s emergency preparedness actions and, in an emergency, adapts his or her working methods to contribute to an effective humanitarian approach by HI
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Job profile requirements:
- University Degree in relevant field (Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law or other fields related to social development and humanitarian work, security or risk management)
- 3 years of experience working in complex humanitarian crisis preferably in an NGO
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Good communication and excellent reporting written in English is a must
- Required knowledge of Arabic, English and sufficient Hebrew language.
- Ability to travel to HI mission sites
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period up to 6 months, renewable.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before August 6, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Humanitarian Access & Security Senior Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.