Diakonia is a Swedish civil society organization working with a long-term and rights-based perspective to advance democracy and human rights, social and economic justice, gender equality, and peace and justice in developing countries. Our mission is to change unfair political, economic and social structures, which generate poverty, oppression and violence.
The Human Resources and Security Officer function is a new position which will allow for interesting and exciting professional development. The function will provide crucial human resources and security support directly to the Country Manager as well as to other programme managers and staff in the country office. The responsibilities are cross-cutting, relating both to management, finance and administration, programme and operations and as such it is a very central role. If you like to interact on a daily basis with colleagues, some external partners, including authorities, and enjoys organizational development work and coaching others, then this is the right job for you.
- To lead the process of recruitments in the country office, incl. during the stages of preparation, planning and follow-up, as well as to ensure introduction of new staff to the organization.
- To be responsible for a well functioning Human Resources System in the country office (incl. electronic and physical archiving of relevant human resources documents).
- To be responsible for obtaining work permits for local and international staff.
- To be responsible for updating and disseminating the Human Resources Handbook of the country office.
- To provide support to the Country Manager in the assessment and evaluation of Job Descriptions and salaries.
- To develop necessary guide lines and keep abreast of security issues (for example, participate in relevant external security networks for NGOs, etc.).
- To secure well functioning internal routines / guide lines are in place to enable well informed decision making on security issues related to travel and events, (incl. updating and disseminating the so called Security Plan of the Country Office).
- Undertake competency development and coaching of managers and staff related to human resources and security, including trainings, advise and seeking external support from experts.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the country manager.
- BA in Human Resource or any other related degree that could be equally relevant
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a very structured way and to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of computerized systems and other computer application packages.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Proven writing skills in English and Arabic and fluency in both languages.
- Good communication, presentation and organizational skills and ability to work in a team.
- Driving license.
Cover letter and curriculum vitae, including contact information for references should be submitted no later than July 1st, 2018 by e-mail to [email protected]
For any additional information regarding this position please contact: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diakonia is an equal employment opportunity organization.