Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is running its programmes under the new name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI). - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Jerusalem, under the responsibility of the Country Manager, the HR/ Administrative manager is responsible to ensure appropriate development and implementation of Human Resources (HR) procedures and standards to strengthen staff capacities to achieve the mission’s strategy. S/He is also in charge of ensuring the mission administrative and human resources management in compliance with the country's legal framework and HI’s procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of the mission’s HR processes (recruitment, remuneration, social and healthcare coverage, appraisal, training)
- Ensure high quality and transparent recruitment processes are in place
- Ensure adequate induction is provided for new staff, based on relevant HI policies and guidelines
- Manage the remuneration system and employment policies at mission level in coordination with the regional office
- Implement the social and medical policy framework for the mission
- Ensure performance appraisal system is in place and completed.
- Implement and follow up the mission staff training plan
- Assist managers and staff in understanding and using HI’s HR tools
- Provide trainings and support to team managers in the career management of their staff
- Contribute to project development on HR aspects
- Be the focal person for the organization of team building events, in liaison with the Country Manager
- Ensure internal coordination and internal communication for mission’s HR aspects
- Guarantee international and national personnel administration
- Define and ensure the application of internal regulations and national personnel employment terms and conditions and monitor the application of specific terms and conditions for expatriates
- Ensure proper calculation and remittance of the mission’s monthly payroll
- Ensure all employees are registered at the national administrations and all information properly documented
- Ensure appropriate filling of all HI staff information: personal data, contractual documents
- Be directly responsible for the administrative follow up of all expatriates staff and registration with local authorities.
- Supervise the day to day administrative management of international staff and transmit the information to the regional office
- Check that variable data for expatriate salaries has been sent on time to Regional Office and information is updated
- Manage national personnel disciplinary procedures, support managers through the whole process with support of the regional office
- Ensure the respect of local legislation and legal framework
- Ensure the Handicap International is properly registered in the country, following different processes applicable
- Ensure the formalities required by government bodies are completed in time, ensure pro-active follow up of legal matters and inform management accordingly
- Analyse and monitor changes in employment law and other NGOs’ practices
- Take part in networking activities on legal and HR aspects (meetings with other INGOS, external partners)
- Coordinate and communicate with HI legal advisors on all legal aspects, in coordination with the Country Manager
- Support the HR teams in HI bases
- Work closely with the mission’s HR teams to provide support, monitoring, reporting and other actions related to the HR functions
- Ensure monthly reporting systems are implemented in all bases in line with control mechanisms for national and international staff management
- Review monthly HR tables and advise the base when there are irregularities or areas of concern that need follow up
- Contribute to audit reports and follow up with the bases to ensure action points are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Support and advise mission on the structure, recruitment and management of their HR teams and help mission develop and implement effective performance management of staff
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Technical skills in HR management, preferably including recruitment and selection, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Fluent in English & Arabic (French a plus)
- Excellent diplomatic, presentation, interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to build capacity and/or train others
- Good oral and written communication
- Good organizational skills
- Good skills in training facilitation
- Strong sense of integrity and commitment to accountable practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in the field of strategic human resources management, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HR management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Experience in developing HR strategies and policies
- Previous work experience with I/NGO.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of one year renewable and the position is based in Jerusalem
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : From 10,341 ILS to 13,609 ILS based on experience
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to reach on or before the 22nd April 2019 to: [email protected]
indicating your full name and the job title (Human Resources/ Administrative Manager) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.