War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2006, and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, Nablus, and in Gaza.
General Objective of the Role
War Child seeks an experienced HR Consultant to support War Child’s Operations Department in reviewing our current HR policy and practice specifically regarding the national staff terms and conditions, employment contracts, and salary scale. War Child has a small team of one expatriate and sixteen national staff who work across offices and operations in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza. As matter of practice, War Child reviews its terms and conditions and salary scale every 3 years to ensure that they remain relevant and competitive.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will review and update War Child in oPt’s (1) terms and conditions, (2) salary scale, and (3) employment contracts. Tasks will include the following:
Terms and Conditions
- Review current War Child Terms and Conditions (T&Cs), based on:
- The labor law and local requirements, to be approved from the MoL.
- Consultation with staff on current T&C’s, in coordination with the Country Director
- Consultation with the Country Management Team and Amsterdam HR counterpart
- War Child Global HR Handbook
- Advise on compliance issues, necessary approvals and respond to feedback from legal consultation
- Draft updated T&Cs
- Translate the final product to Arabic
Salary scale update
- Familiarise self with current War Child salary scale, global War Child HR Handbook, and guidelines on constructing War Child salary scales
- Review and analyze benchmarking exercises already completed
- Propose updates to the salary scale, including proposal on how to address differences in cost of living and taxes between Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza ID holders
Review and adaptation of current contracts
- Review and update employment contract template.
- Translate the template to Arabic
- Updated national staff T&Cs in English and Arabic which comply with local law, standard INGO practices, War Child global HR handbook, and Approved by the MoL.
- Updated salary scales for War Child in oPt which are well aligned with INGO standards in oPt, and designed in compliance with War Child Global HR policy
- Updated employment contract template in English and Arabic.
Expected to start 15th of September 2021 through 15th of December 2021. Number of days will be determined based on the proposed workplan.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant academic background (e.g., HR, business, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with proven professional record working in the field of HR
- Proven experience in a similar work with an NGO or INGO
- Excellent knowledge or Proven knowledge of labor laws
- Very strong computer skills especially Microsoft office
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English
- Advanced reporting and writing skills
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي HR Consultant
آخر موعد للتقديم 02 - Sep - 2021
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Please send the following:
- Cover Letter and CV
-Proposed methodology and indicative workplan
-Required number of days
-Daily rate and total expected fee (in Euro)
- Example of previous relevant work
- Three references
to [email protected] by September 2nd, 2021, citing HR Consultant in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Emergency Response Operations Officer
Emergency Response Project Coordinator
Procurement and Logistics Officer
WPS Consortium Coordinator