The Palestine Liberation Organization for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of the following projects: (i) Health System Resiliency Strengthening Project; (ii) Improving Early Childhood Development Project; and (iii) COVID-19 Emergency Response Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for consulting services to be procured under these projects.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the selection of Health Specialist to provide the technical advice and the support needed for the implementation of the projects activities.
Main Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Work:
The Consultant will be working on the below activities, in addition to any other tasks requested by the client related to this assignment: -
- Manage overall projects technical aspects, and provided supervision to technical advisors, both locals and international.
- Provide strategic direction, management, and leadership for technical activities and facilitated the achievement of project objectives.
- Contribute to overall Mission Objectives and serve as the Mission’s senior technical and Policy advisor.
- Provide technical support to coordinate the projects activities with MOH.
- Prepare the required terms of reference (TOR) for the consultancy assignments under the project.
- Work closely with the project staff, MOH and stakeholders to develop policy analysis.
- Conduct review meetings at the field level to review performance, targets achieved as per the donor requirements, and provide technical support to the Project Management Unit.
- Prepare the implementation progress reports.
- Lead the M&E aspect of the project and provide systematic updates to ensure that aggregated data is available on regular basis.
- Prepare other tasks requested by the client.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Ministry of Health/Project Management Unit invites eligible qualified individuals to provide information indicating their: qualifications, experience and appropriate skills to perform the services. The main qualifications of the consultant are as follows
- Postgraduate in Public Health, Environmental Health, Community Medicine, preferably Master or PHD.
- Preferably over 10 years of experience in community, based on health care management, and broader health care management issues is desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- skills in written and spoken English
The contract will be a time - based contract on part-time basis.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM from Sunday to Thursday. Expressions of interest including a cover letter and CV must be delivered to the e-mail below no later than February 22, 2021:
Ministry of Health
E-mail: [email protected]