The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project In Gaza strip a:
IEC-Health Promotion Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness under the indications and supervision of the HPSS Activity Manager.
- According to the guideline provided by the HPSS Activity Manager supervision, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population - in particular, to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HPSS Activity Manager: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Responsible for the material needed for activities and storage.
- Know, promote and respect MSF chart.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in social work or similar desirable
- Proficiency in spoken English and good written English
- Experience leading groups in a youth or sports club desirable
- 2 years of experience minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
- Good knowledge of the local health and social service network including the MOH and other actors
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary international team
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent stress management capacity
Contract: 3 months contract with possible extension
Starting date : Mid-January 2018
Eligible applicants please send your C.V. in English only by e-mail [email protected] (subject: Application – Health Promoter), or bring it to the MSF Office in El Remal–A Husseini street near El Wehda street.
CVs will not be returned and only successful candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview. No telephone inquiries, please.
Application deadline: Thursday, 27th December 2018 by 17:00