Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent humanitarian medical aid organization committed to two objectives: providing medical aid whenever needed, regardless of race, religion, politics or gender, and raising awareness of the plight of the people who helps. MSF is working in more than 70 countries all around the world.
MSF –Spain is carrying out a psychological support program with medical and social component. The aim is to provide short-term psychotherapy to people affected by violence and conflict.
MSF-Spain is currently seeking Full Time Head of Mission Assistant for its Jerusalem office for 3 months renewable.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
Provide support to the Head of Mission and the Medical coordinator by contributing to the humanitarian context analysis in link with the mission activities and follow-up. Ensuring a smooth relation with various stakeholders internally and externally and regularly updating and informing on key issues.
- Supporting the Head of Mission in promoting and protecting the MSF image externally and assisting in context analysis, disseminating relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly informing them on key issues, updating general information on the context for MSF internal documents and advising on cultural appropriateness of organized activities and individual behaviours.
- Analysing the risks and the security level of the context of the mission and assisting in conducting risk assessments and in the development security plans for the mission and project. Advise the Project Coordinator and Head of Mission on aspects of security management
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up to date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) verifying that they are easily accessible, in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the Head of Mission, assisting the Head of Mission or representing MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.) and preparing full report
- Ensuring the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in the country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the Head of Mission, preparing and conducting an information briefing, focusing on the country context for International Regional and Relocated Staff
- Translating sensitive documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Monitoring the correspondences in the absence of the Head of Mission.
- Assisting in the elaboration of the advocacy plan of the mission in collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Medical Coordinator and the Communications Officer and supporting its implementation and follow up.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University level studies or equivalent, public heath related studies - and/or sociology/political sciences.
- Native Arabic speaker, Fluent in English, Hebrew is a must.
- Experience in humanitarian field especially in the Palestinian territories with Clear understanding of the work in the humanitarian sphere
- Good computer skills (MS Office) and Data analysis.
- Strong reporting and communication skills and analytical thinking skills.
- Field visits and travels as planned to Hebron, Gaza, and Amman.
For those who find themselves to be eligible; please send your C.V. in English only by e-mail to:
Please indicate the subject as: “Head of Mission Assistant”.
Deadline for receiving applications is 20/10/2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries will be received.