Job Purpose and Organizational Context
The Club “Abna Al-Quds” was established in 1976 in the Muslim quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem, and since 2015 the Club (AAC) is operating as a Community Based Organization; thus, the Club is working directly with disadvantaged children and youth, as well as on women empowerment and gender equality.
The project “Safe and female friendly places: CrossFit Al Quds” will enhance recognition of woman’s rights in Jerusalem, for girls and women to have access to participate in the community activities, particularly sports and the related physical and psychological wellbeing it offers, through establishing a CrossFit GYM, ( as well as workshops and discussions connected with gender equality).
The Women’s GYM (Female Sport Spot), offering a safe and female friendly space for interested girls and women from the Old City, will be open every day (except Fridays), so interested participants can use it, even outside the training sessions of this project.
We are looking for a Female Fitness Trainer who will run the plan and supervise various fitness and health programs.
She will assess the physical and health conditions of Participants create appropriate exercise plans, and monitor their improvement. She will also explain applicable safety rules and regulations (e.g., use of equipment).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A Female Fitness Trainer, or Fitness Instructor, to provide fitness guidance for the beneficiaries to improve their physical condition. Incorporate aspects of gender equity and equality into the training and work with participants.
- Conduct and link CrossFit group-workouts and gender empowerment topics for women and girls aiming the women right to practice sports.
- Identify the participants fitness level and health and motivate the girls and women right to access services. Track participant’s physical progress on weekly basis. Modify exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries or health issues. Conduct individual and group fitness training sessions.
- Oversee completion of exercise routines and promote a safe environment for girls and women to access sport activities
- Adopt a holistic training approach (e.g., cardiovascular exercise, strength, mental health)
- Oversee the use of fitness equipment to ensure clients exercise properly and safely.
- Handle nutrition and health-related questions.
- Refer to and promote fitness packages and plans.
- Carry out First Aid and CPR if needed.
- Follow safety and hygiene guidelines.
- Work closely with the project coordinator and all other staff related to the project in regards of program design, measurement and evaluation data amongst other things
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings as a word or PDF document:
Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the 7th June 2021 to the following e-mail address:
Note; Sending emails without the Post Title will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.