Job Purpose and Organizational Context
The Club “Abna Al-Quds” was established in 1976 in the Muslim quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem, and since 2015 the Club (AAC) is operating as a Community Based Organization; thus, the Club is working directly with disadvantaged children and youth, as well as on women empowerment and gender equality.
The project “Safe and female friendly places: CrossFit Al Quds” will enhance recognition of woman’s rights in Jerusalem, for girls and women to have access to participate in the community activities, particularly sports and the related physical and psychological wellbeing it offers, through establishing a CrossFit GYM, (workshops and discussions connected with gender equality).
The Women’s GYM (Female Sport Spot), offering a safe and female friendly space for interested girls and women from the Old City, will be open every day (except Fridays), so interested participants can use it, even outside the training sessions of this project.
We are looking for an accountant who will be responsible for preparing the Project (Safe and Female Friendly Places: “CrossFit Al-Quds”) budget accounts, budgeting and managing financial information.
Accountants core responsibilities are typically to prepare and examine the project financial records, assuring information is up to date and up the Donor regulation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Document the project finance transactions through BISAM System.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing the Project accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls through the Donor policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Analyze Project financial information and summarise financial status
- Support month-end and Project-end close process
- Communicate with Coordinator and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings as a word or PDF document:
- Motivation letter with the name of the position of the post (as indicated above);
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the 7th June 2021 to the following e-mail address:
Note; Sending emails without the Post Title will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.