About the Agricultural Development Association (PARC):
The Agricultural Development Association (PARC), is a Palestinian national development organization that is committed to rural and agriculture development, social justice and national liberation. PARC was established in 1983, by a group of volunteers whose core mission was to; develop the agriculture sector in Palestine, to strengthen the resilience and support farmers, to reach out to marginalized groups and their CBO’s, and mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources.
Job purpose summary:
the Gender Specialists will be responsible for gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment strategy development; conducting needs assessments that incorporate gender analysis; supporting the design of responsive strategies that effectively address the needs of girls, boys, women and men affected by the crisis
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Support the development and review of country strategy and county annual plans, including humanitarian response strategies, Emergency Preparedness and Contingency Plans to ensure they contribute to commitments to gender equality.
- Support PARC to institutionalize gender equality and GBV and PSEA mainstreaming at a project and organization levels.
- Conducting a gender equality assessment and developing a gender equality strategy, action plan and accountability framework for the project
- Lead on mainstreaming gender equality, protection from GBV and girl’s empowerment into sector strategies, including defining the annual programme framework, response plans and master budget for gender-specific programming and gender mainstreaming (humanitarian and development);
- Work collaboratively with thematic sectors to develop evidence-based gender-sensitive and where possible transformative approaches to maximize impact for girls, boys, women and men;
- Provide technical support and capacity building for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and programme teams to adapt assessment tools and conduct participatory gender and protection analysis, to analyse and utilise findings to develop specific programme strategies to meet the different needs of girls, boys, women and men;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor degree in Gender Studies, Human rights Law, International Relations, Development Studies or similar, or equivalent field experience
- At least 2 years of work experience on gender mainstreaming in both humanitarian and development contexts.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application to https://pal-arc.org/vacancy/124/ar no later than 16 September, 2023 and include the job title (Gender specialists) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.