Gender Advocacy Advisor
Full Time – 1 year Fixed-Term Contract
Estimated start date: ASAP
Preferably based in any of the following countries: Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, OPT, Iraq
Salary & Benefits: National Package - In line with Oxfam values and according to location
Outside of these countries, candidates could eventually be based where there is an Oxfam legal presence and in a similar time zone to the MENA region. Candidates must have and be able to retain the legal right to work in the country where they are based.
Purpose of the job:
The Gender Justice Advocacy Advisor is to provide influencing and campaigning steer on Gender Justice in the MENA region. It will provide a thought leadership and policy advice that support building networks and alliances at the country, regional and international levels. It will ensure promoting and connecting with regional and global campaigns and will work closely with Regional Gender Justice Coordinator, ensuring that together they develop and implement sound gender influencing strategies and plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A degree in social sciences, development studies, gender studies or equivalent
- Proven experience in designing and implementing advocacy strategies and campaigns on gender justice and women’s rights
- Proven experience in program management of regional programs in international NGOs.
- Proven experience of networking, building alliances and partnerships around gender justice issues and delivering impactful influencing on women’s rights and proven experience in managing key relationships
- Demonstrated existing relationships, networks and partnerships with influential women’s rights organisations and feminists in the MENA region
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to explain gender justice and relevance to good programming, persuasively and effectively
- Solid knowledge and understanding of gender justice and global frameworks such as SDGs, CEDAW and UNCSR 1325 and how to operationalise these for women in the MENA
- Sound knowledge of MENA region
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences …
- Must be organised and efficient.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Willingness and ability to travel an average 3 or 4 times a year within the MENA region.
- Committed to Oxfam principles.
- Languages: excellent English and Arabic spoken and written / French highly desirable and will be considered as an important asset during job evaluation.
- Master’s degree on social sciences, development studies, gender or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Oxfam regional and international gender justice platforms
- Familiar with inter-agency coordination systems
- Knowledge of training tools and methods and proven experience delivering training on gender-responsive programmes and advocacy
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to be part of Oxfam working groups and any advocacy and influencing platforms
- Willingness to travel regularly within the MENA region at short notice and for up to 8 weeks.
Please click Here to start the application process. Please upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile by no later than 27/05/2022
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Please note that Oxfam International participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Processes within the Humanitarian and Development Sector. Under this scheme, if you have been employed by another member of the scheme, we will request information from that organization on any misconduct history in accordance with the terms of the scheme. For scheme details please click here
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace.