Ministry of Health
Project Management Unit (PMU)
Vacancy Announcement: Financial Management Specialist
Ministry of Health (MoH)/Projects Management Unit (PMU) is seeking a dynamic and qualified Financial Management Specialist for full-time position to be based in its main offices in Ramallah with frequent visits to its offices in Nablus. The Financial Management Specialist will be responsible for processing all financial management aspects of the World Bank’s funded projects in accordance with the World Bank Financial Management and Disbursement Guidelines, and the procedures set out in the Projects Financial Management Manual, Grant Agreements, and in line with the Palestinian financial system. More specifically, the Financial Management Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Maintain adequate financial management arrangements to supports the deployment of projects resources in an economic, efficient and effective manner to achieve the desired objective;
- Develop and determine financial strategy;
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s financial management requirements and Government’s regulations;
- Coordinate periodic reports, (i.e., monthly/quarterly/annually) in the agreed formats;
- Manage budget and vigorously control project costs;
- Ensure that all accounting records and bank accounts are up-to-date;
- Establishing/enhancing systems of internal control (goods, consulting services, fixed assets);
- Preparing cash flow forecasts in consultation with the project coordinator;
- Preparing quarterly interim financial reports and annual financial statements for the project;
- Follow up on prompt release of funds, once approved, to beneficiaries;
- Process and review payments requests and bills related to the project, ensuring proper supporting documents, and prepare withdrawal applications.
- Ensure relevant books and records are maintained for the project;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for all banks;
- Maintain, develop, and update the Financial Procedures Manual on a regular basis;
- Liaise with the internal/external auditors and follow up any audit queries/management letters; and
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 5 years of previous relevant experience in Financial Management or Auditing of which at least 3 years of experience with a World Bank financed project.
- Good knowledge of financial accounting software and familiarity with Bisan accounting system is a plus.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and staff support skills.
- Fluency in English and excellent report writing.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure within team work arrangement.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable on a yearly basis to the full length of the project (3 years), subject to satisfactory performance.
An individual Consultant shall be selected for the above-mentioned post in accordance with the WB’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, dated November 2020.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs and a cover letter to the Ministry of Health/Project Management Unit, at the following email address: [email protected]
The closing date for applying is COB of September 13, 2021