Position Title: Filed officer /Agronomist
Period: 12 months extendable
Line Manager: Project coordinator.
Starting Date: ASAP
The Agronomist’s role is coordinate / develop plans in cooperation with the Project Coordinator and to oversee the implementation of the agricultural / water related activities. It is expected that Agronomist will be fully engaged in the technical part of the project including but is not limited to the design of the cooperatives and farmers clusters selection mechanism, the establishment of the irrigation systems, cultivation of farms and fencing, producing technical reports, and coordinating with partners and stakeholders at different levels. The ideal candidate will have experience supervising and monitoring the progress of projects as well as supervising subordinate staff members and assist the Project Coordinator in his/her tasks and duties. The candidate will have experience in agricultural, management, social work, preferably in the water-related projects. Other desirable skills include knowledge of modern agricultural practices and technologies, pre-harvest and post-harvest practices, agricultural credit, and improved planting material.
Main Purpose of the position and key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Assist in developing systematic and comprehensive selection mechanisms (particularly for the selection of agricultural lands and farmers). Designing and conducting a continuous monitoring for individuals and farmers who will be targeted under this project. The Agronomist will focus on three main areas relating to PARC’s water intervention; namely, monitoring the progress of the project. In addition to, he / she will supervise / support the tasks and activities conducted by the community mobilizers, assisting the agricultural project coordinator in his tasks and reporting directly to him, keep track of the project activities according to the logical framework and the time tables. In the same context, he / she will assist in formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of the project, as well as delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
- Support the development and improvement of data collection tools / techniques.
- Work with the project coordinator and staff to develop a monitoring system for the project, capturing progress towards project indicators.
- Work hand in hand with the community mobilizers under the Agricultural Project Coordinator’s supervision to achieve the following:
- Design a very systematic and comprehensive selection / targeting mechanism.
- Conduct regular visits to the projects’ targeted communities and meet with project beneficiaries.
- Establish a data-base on the current beneficiaries.
- Conduct regular visits to partner organizations and other related actors.
- Review the pre-identified / developed plans of the project on a regular basis and amend / adapt changes when required.
- Evaluate the implementation of project activities against PARC’s and GIZ accountability guidelines.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in any of the matters listed above.
- Provide to technical support and design in the agriculture and the establishment of the irrigation systems, cultivation of farms and fencing
- Analyzes baseline data and prepare a detailed Baseline Report in close coordination with the Project Coordinator. This report will provide the basis for the final Evaluation;
- Analyzes monitoring data on an on-going basis and translate those in concrete recommendations.
- Provide the Agricultural Project coordinator and senior management with up-to-date overviews of progress on project implementation.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis with project staff and raises or highlights key issues with senior managers.
- Maintain a good line of communications with the local communities as well as Oxfam and the other partners.
- Conduct capacity building measures for the partnership associations and identify targeting mechanisms and areas for improvement.
- Work closely with the technical coordinator and the business support team, including procurement and finance department to initiate and support procurement activities.
- Oversee the data collection processes and follow up and supervise the mobilizers’ tasks.
- Keep track of project progress and report any delays or changes to the Agricultural Project Coordinator.
- Provide technical and managerial assistance to the other project staff members.
- Assist the project staff to prepare success stories and/or brief reports to share with donors and other interested leading actors.
- Develop reports as required (Progress, monitoring, other).
- Represent PARC in meetings, workshops and seminars when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education / Experience / requirements:
- At least 3-plus years’ experience working in water – agriculture related projects and reclamation preferable in agriculture and water sectors.
- University degree in agriculture, or any other relevant development
- A solid background in the NGO sector and particularly agricultural and water.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Palestinian agriculture and water sectors
- Excellent command in both English and Arabic languages
- Self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, diverse work environment with minimal support infrastructure.
Starting date: ASAP
Application: Qualified candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV's with a cover letter no later than Thursday 17th 2019.
For more information about the employment opportunity and to apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Please indicate the job title (Field Officer Agronomist) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only the short listed candidates will be considered and informed of the recruitment process.