Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion),is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is implementing a project entiteld “Addressing urgent injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation needs of the casualties of border clashes (“March of Return”) in the Gaza strip” and looking for a qualified expertise to fillfull the position of the Field & Database Assistant.
Working under the overall direct supervision and responsibility of the Project Manager, the Filed & Database Assistant will provide key support to the Project in the roll-out and implementation Rehabilitation activities. She/he will works with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner of the project “Addressing urgent injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation needs of the casualties of border clashes (“March of Return”) in the Gaza strip”.
Responsibility 1 : Project Activities Implementation:
Aim: Ensure the proper implementation of project assigned activities upon PM direction and according to HI and donor requirements
- Provide follow up, coaching and mentorship to partners’ social workers and data entry staff members.
- Support and contribute in the social support plan for the newly employed PWDs.
- Conduct regular field visits to follow up referral networks RNs meeting and activities.
- Prepare the necessary project purchase service request PSR and follow up with SS team.
- Participate in lessons learned analysis on the project’s experience gained from implementation.
- Co-represent and defend project in forums, conferences, and prepare minutes and reports as requested by project manager PM.
- Prepare and lead the Project Quaterly Review
Responsibility 2: Internal and External Coordination:
Aim: Ensure that the project is running with good colaboration and good representatives with related actors is in place where partners’ input are considered.
- Provide support to project steering committee; coordinate with partners, prepare invitation and agenda, ensure materials prepared by project team, write meeting minutes.
- Represent the project in coordination meetings as delegated by PM.
- Enhance and respect to partnership approach and contribute to building constructive partnerships with HI through the project.
- Provide support to the project team and/or consultants in organizing training and other related activities.
- Maintain a high quality professional and interpersonal attitude with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues.
- Maintain a positive image of Humanity & Inclusion and the partner organizations at all times and in all circumstances.
Responsibility 3: Monitoring and evaluation
Aim: Ensure that necessary technical applications and data collection tools are available and capable for results measurement
- Establish and upgrade whenever necessary the project database.
- Follow up project database on daily basis and provide the need technical support to partners’ social workers and the data entry staff members.
- Follow up the referral netwroks
- Support whenever needed the filling of data collection and assessment forms on the field and do the data entry in relevant database to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Support in project evaluation as defined by PM.
- Ensure all developed project tools are validated by PM and contribute to measuring and reporting the certain planned qualitative and quantitative indicators of the project.
- Compile RN and database reports from partners and team on timely basis as planned.
- Closely follow up project implementation with partners and project team.
Responsibility 4: Reporting
Aim: Ensure that reports are in a good quaity in compliance with HI validated frameworks and tools , and sumbitted in a timely manner.
- Submit weekly project progress report to the PM.
- Compile partners narrative and statistical reports on weekly and monthly basis and report to PM.
- Support the PM in updating the P&M tool reports on quarterly basis.
- Maintain updated records and reports of the project activities whenever requested.
- Share with partners updated project progress reports/database feedback.Monitor the use of tools and methodologies and organize regular lessons learnt analysis for adjusting the tools & methodologies with the project and technical teams.
Initial contract will be for a period of Eight months and the position is based in Gaza City
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Bachelor Degree in Social Work, or Knowledge Management or any other related field
At least 3 years professional experience working in the disability field, of which 2 years at least working with an International Organization
Applicants must have demonstrated mastering capacity of the database field
Confident to relate to and communicate with individuals and groups having networking skills
Excellent communication skills
Excellent computer literacy skills
Capacity to deliver reports in a very tight deadlines as requested
Excellent networking and coordination skills
Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to reach on or before the : 17th July 2018
to: [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Field & Database Assistant ) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short listed will be contacted