Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Area Manager, the EORE Project Officer is responsible for implementing project activities and to mobilize partners and/or other project stakeholders along implementation.
Responsibility 1: Contribute to the project planning and integrated budget definition & review
Aim: Ensure the activities are implemented on time and within the defined budget
- Participate to the planning process under the supervision of the AM and to its regular review
- Produce monthly work plan based on project planning and report achievements during weekly team meeting
- Collect data for documenting indicators under supervision of the AM
- Actively participate to project team meetings
- Report to the AM
- Participate to the project monitoring (mid-ter review…)
Responsibility 2: Contribute to the monitoring of the project partners for the activities he/she is in charge of.
Aim: support quality implementation of the activities under partners’ responsibilities
- Train the project partners for using the tools developed under the project
- Coach the project partners for implementing activities in respect of the approved framework & tools
- Collect data and results delivered by the partner
- Identify partners’ needs for capacity building
- Contribute to the development and implementation of capacity building response
Responsibility 3: Contribute to the development of methodologies and tools for the project and to their implementation
Aim: the technical framework for implementing project activities is in place and regularly updated
- Contribute to the identification of the tools needed for implementing the project activities and to their development
- Participate to lessons learnt analysis and tools adjustment
- Implement directly activities as per the framework validated by the AM
- Mobilize authorities/ external stakeholders for facilitating project implementation and inform them regularly about the progress made and the challenges faced
- Develop activity sheet including budget for activities
- Liaise with logistics and finance department as per the procedures in place to undertake purchase & expenditures as required for activities implementation
- Participate to the development of cases study and beneficiary stories
Responsibility 4: Contribute to project lesson learnt and promotion at national & international level
Aim: Good practices under the project are identified and documented
- Collect data as per the framework defined
- Input in the identification and analysis of the project good practice
- Participate to the organization of dissemination workshop
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Job profile requirements
- University Degree in the field of international affairs, social affairs, security, mine action
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in the field of expertise of the project, mine action and/or protection
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in facilitating training and/or awareness raising sessions and activities.
- Minimum of 2 years experiences working with local/community-based organization/services providers.
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in working with vulnerable group
- Experience in community-based activities, engaging with local actors.
- Good communication and reporting in English in addition to Arabic.
- Highly autonomous.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
The candidate or his/her representative must let the HR representative know that s/he needs an adjustment or change at the test and the interview for a reason related to a medical condition by sending a request for accommodation at the email mentioned below.
By applying to this position, you grant HI’s recruitment team your consent to perform a reference check on yourself with respect to the misconduct disclosure scheme.
Initial contract will be for a period of 4 months, it is subject to be renewed based on availability of funds.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer.
It welcomes applications from persons with disabilities and is ready to provide reasonable accommodation for their specific needs.
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before Nov 7, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (EORE Project Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.